Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked
11-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Shocked

I cant believe what happened today i was out walking my dog hes a jack russell and very cute :wub: and cuddly and this two german shepards came running up to him and just attacked him i tried to get them off him and one of them bit me the owener of the dogs just walked off laughing i couldnt belive it :shocking: how bad is that and it cost me £67 at the vet and poor Ronan (of course after Ronan Keeting) is all cut has anything ever happened like this before to anyone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Shocked
Gosh...I hope he gets well soon Sazmac.

If one of the dogs bit you you can report the owner and the dogs to the police you know.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2005, 06:15 AM
Shocked
I would report them.

Theres a woman who walks a pack of about 6 sheep dogs (like Blue Peters Shep) in the same fields - when they see another dog they just round up against it - its quite scary, they surrounded Bazeel snarling and barking - he was terrified, she called them off quite quickly. It was only the next day that I noticed a bloody puncture mark on his neck.

If I had noticed it earlier I would have confronted her, but I have no proof.

I was verbally attacked by a young dog walker a few months ago (I mentioned it here).

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs.

In your case I would have definately reported the incident though.
11-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Shocked
What an awful thing to happen Sazmac, I hope that you and Ronan are not too traumatised by what happened :hug:

I agree with the others though that you really should report the owner.
11-10-2005, 06:29 AM
Shocked
I just hate irresponsible owners.
The dogs are just reverting to pack instinct, and will continue to do so as long as the owner lets them.
Report this person to someone while you have fresh evidence.
How would you feel if these same dogs attacked a baby next?
We had a neighbour two doors up who had an old one eyed black cat, he was a soppy old thing and all the children used to pet him on the way to school.
He spent most of his life on the step of the porch sleeping.
A local scumbag one day thought it was great fun to set his Staffordshire Bull Terrier on it, and laughed as he tore it to bits.
We managed to get the dog taken off him and put in a home where it would be loved and treated properly - oh and somebody beat this guy to a pulp a few days later which was nice.:thumbsup:

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2005, 06:43 AM
Shocked
how awful for you and the dog, Saz. and the vet's bill just adds insult to injury doesn't it!

Cat is right though, you should report this woman.

my dad had a dog that was getting old and she was quite poorly in the end. I was out walking her and these two little puggish type dogs ran across the road and attacked her, she was SO distressed. I kicked one of the little feckers (I[m not proud, but I wasn't gonna let it take a lump out of poor sweet Meg). The owner was completely ineffective although to be fair to him embarrassed by his dog's behaviour.

later that night poor old Meg had a fit ... I'm sure it was that little dog's attack that brought it on.

.... as a funny aside we had a dog once called Buster, a border collie, who went up to a little dog when we were out for a walk, Buster cocked his leg and wee'd all over this little dog's head!!!! ... at times like that you hide the lead and walk away fast!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
11-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Shocked
saz - get thee down to the police station!!

I doubt they could do anything about them attacking Ronan :sad: - but they are duty bound to at least speak to the dog owner, for biting you!!:angry:

Do you know the owner, or where they live? If you don't - you are going to have to be a detective - and find and follow them. It could have been one of your children!!

Were these dogs on leads, were they muzzled [obv. not!!!], was Ronan on a lead? And poor little mite - it must be awful being a little wee cute dog being attacked by two big brutes!!!:angry:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

11-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Shocked
did you actually call Ronan's name out loud, Saz? I mean I'm just looking for the German Shepherd dogs' motive!! (j/k!)

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
11-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Shocked
God, that story left a lump in my throat - as did Cats story about poor Bazeel. And Secrets story about the poor old cat has me with tears in my eyes.

Saz - I'd report it to the police now! The dogs themselves are not so much at fault - as Secrets says they are just reverting to their natural pack instinct. But the owner needs to take responsibility for how her dogs behave! And as if terrifying and biting poor Ronan isn't bad enough, one of the dogs bit YOU, which means that they haven't been trained to avoid biting humans without provocation. That is wrong.

Report the incident to the police now. Its too late for them to actually do anything, but the incident needs to be recorded on file in case the same dogs display similar behaviour to anyone else.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
11-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Shocked
Blimey thats terrible - i feel for both of you :ohmy:

I have been lucky since having our dog and taking him for walks (we have only been walking him for about 6 months) as we never see another living soul whilst out and about - which always suprised me.

BUT, Mr.B has always said i should take a walking stick out with me. It isnt just for walking purposes, but incase anything attacks. There have been reports of large cats i.e. panther type thingies, around this area and we have seen a few cows legs dotted around the landscrape. Its horrid. So i carry a stick, and if push came to shove i would use it on another dog if it attacks Bailey. I would also report them.

So as Flippy said, get down to that police station and file a report. A dog bit you, thats wrong and the woman should be fined and told to keep her dogs on leads with a muzzle.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me