Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoo-pa
09-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Shoo-pa

Doesn’t seem to be a thread for our Princess Shilpa but I have to say I quite like her, apart from her large fluffy rabbit slippers and her mesmerising Miss World looks, she stands up for herself and others in a non aggressive way and has a good sense of humour. I think she may be one of the last standing.

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Shoo-pa
I like her too. I think she is a little simpering sometimes ... but i dont think we have seen the 'real' lady in the highlighted shows.

I wonder why people like Carole keep saying "Shilpa wont take any s*ite, and she will stand up for herself" etc ... I can only assume that they have seen something that we havent.

I did like the way she confronted Jackiey, and the way she took her water, which i assume was by way of an apology. She manages to say what she thinks without swearing or raising her voice. A quality i wish i had :mellow:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Shoo-pa
I'm not keen - but I can't put my finger on why.

She just seems a little contrived - all that kissing of the Goody grandparents was just a little too contrived. I think she is very very thoughtful about how she is being portrayed. I also think she knows alot more about the Big Brother format that she is letting on - no way would someone that controlling do something like this without getting her people to do a bit of research for her - maybe her servants just wanted a holiday from her and so didn't tell her the truth!
09-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Shoo-pa
I agree with Dolores.

There's just something about her that seems unnatural. It was almost as if she was trying to score points by fawning over the grandparents and laughing hysterically over something that wasn't really funny. I thought she came over as quite patronising towards them.
09-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Shoo-pa
maxine Wrote:I agree with Dolores.

There's just something about her that seems unnatural. It was almost as if she was trying to score points by fawning over the grandparents and laughing hysterically over something that wasn't really funny. I thought she came over as quite patronising towards them.

The word that you are all grasping for is S N O B. It is inverted colonialism, wealthy Indians have always suffered.

**I heart Northern Soul**
09-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Shoo-pa
I really like her now. But I agree, kissing the Goody grandparents was a bit much.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
09-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Shoo-pa
I like her too. In fact, i like all of them except Jackiey (and i dont know about Jack, i havent heard him speak yet)

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
09-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Shoo-pa
I dont dislike her, but last night she came across as precious and patronising.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
09-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Shoo-pa
I like her - she seems fairly down to earth to me, I don't think she's a snob particularly, she's probably just used to a different lifestyle.

And I liked the way she tried to make things up with Jackiey (why DOES she have to spell her name like that? Maybe it's supposed to be pronounced Jack-ee-ie?).

Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts.
12-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Shoo-pa
although I'm not keen on Shilpa I must admit I'm becoming more and more distressed at the treatment she seems to be getting from some of the women in that house. Jackiey, Carole, Jo, Jade and Dippy Danielle.

why are they so mean to someone who, although false and image conscious (and aren't they all to greater or lesser extents), doesn't deserve all this vitreol? am I missing something?