No, his name is Duff, and will always be Duff
Don't know/don't care/don't understand the question
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I rename my cat?
24-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Should I rename my cat?

I have a cat called MacDuff, who is commonly known as Duff. Gigi loves him, but she can't say Duff, so she calls him Buck.

Buck quite suits him cos he's a very camp cat, so do I rename the cat or not?

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Should I rename my cat?
Sounds to me like Gigi has discovered his full name - Buck MacDuff. Good name, that!
24-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Should I rename my cat?
dab Wrote:Sounds to me like Gigi has discovered his full name - Buck MacDuff. Good name, that!

That has a nice ring to it. I thought my friends cat was called cough and when I asked her why, did he have a cough when you got him, she said no its what she kept saying when he got in her way. :laugh:
24-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Should I rename my cat?
dab Wrote:Sounds to me like Gigi has discovered his full name - Buck MacDuff. Good name, that!

I agree! :thumbsup: What a fab name! My friend used to have a cat called...wait for it.....Mrs Olive Peterson!!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Should I rename my cat?

Genius, pure Genius :thumbsup:
24-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Should I rename my cat?
No you can't rename your cat you stupid girl!

It would be catastophic for the poor thing, I bet it would rather have a catheter inserted with a cathode attached with a cation conductor attached making it caterwaul all night.

What are you going to do with all the other things Gigi can't pronounce properly...get them all changed as well!

TSK!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Should I rename my cat?
I would hate it if someone completely changed my name.

however when I was little we used to go vist Mrs Mcphadsion down the road from my granpas, she ended up being called Mrs Badger by us three and we still all call her that now. She finds it rather sweet, but noone else calls her it.
24-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Should I rename my cat?
Cat Wrote:No you can't rename your cat you stupid girl!

It would be catastophic for the poor thing, I bet it would rather have a catheter inserted with a cathode attached with a cation conductor attached making it caterwaul all night.

What are you going to do with all the other things Gigi can't pronounce properly...get them all changed as well!

TSK!

Please excuse my over-zealous friend, but she has a point. You should not change his him, for he was so named. However, calling him Buck temporarily will not affect him, IMO, because the main sound he will hear, ie the "u" remains the same. Gigi will learn his real name. Cat's also right on another point (pains me to say it). Will you start referring to yourself and Cockney as bwer bwer or doo doo? I think not.
24-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Should I rename my cat?
Oh I don't know ladies! Our rabbit was named 'Babe' but I didn't like it so after a while I called her 'Mrs Rabbit'......

After a few months the kids started calling her Mrs Rabbit too and she didn't mind at all, in fact she didn't answer to Babe after a while!
24-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Should I rename my cat?
Do rabbits answer to their name then?