Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Smoking Be Banned Outside?
16-11-2007, 07:12 AM

In Public Taverns , it is a fact that smokers have to go outside to have a chuff.
Sometimes, it is claimed, the conglomeration of gathered smokers outside such premises are creating a hazard due to drifting smoke going into neigbours gardens and maybe at risk of infiltrating into their houses.

Should smokers be allowed to smoke outside?

http://www.thepublican.com/story.asp?sec...code=57445
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2007, 09:20 AM
As someone who stopped a year and a week ago I say yes. But they should not stand in the doorway. I hate going in and out of pubs/stations/offices/shopping centres etc where people stand literally on the threashold and so I have to take a deep breath and pass through the cloud. In Canada you have to be over ten feet from the doorway which is much better.

Otherwise....let them be. There are enough rules and controls on the person already.

As for drifting smoke being an issue...Oh perlease... Lets sort out the cows farting first and then we may have saved the planet long enough to worry about such issues.

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
16-11-2007, 10:00 AM
I agree with Slipper here. We already have too many rules and regulations that stifle the individual in this Nanny State of ours.

Actually, I've never encountered hoardes of people congregating outside in doorways having a fag. Three or four people maybe, but never a pulsing mob creating a health hazard.

I personally have more of an issue with the fag butts dropped on the floor, which I think looks pretty disgusting. However, I do have sympathy with the smokers who argue that there aren't enough cigarette bins available, so I can see why it happens.
16-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Go to Euston Station

At the moment I'm daily commuting to the midlands via Euston........Yuch....Hundreds of people milling around and because of the way the buildings are you can smell it before you get nearby.

As for the lack of butt bins, I agree. Trouble is it's because of them there terrists god damn it

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Smoking ban. Do addicts deserve free speech? IsLe Of WeAtHeR 3 637 25-03-2006 09:37 AM
Last Post: bridge
  Smoking Banned Seabreeze 56 3,605 28-02-2006 08:41 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Dopes smoking Dope ....boRRRRRRING IsLe Of WeAtHeR 9 1,338 17-10-2005 11:01 AM
Last Post: Eternity
  Smoking at work maxine 17 1,688 21-09-2005 07:27 PM
Last Post: Normal1
  Smoking Ban tonee 105 5,768 12-04-2005 04:42 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Smoking to be banned in Scotland! Bella 29 2,937 16-11-2004 10:28 AM
Last Post: Andrea