Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shuttle
04-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Shuttle

Space shuttle is due to launch in an hour. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the various launch delays over the past few days aren't a bad omen for the mission, given the awful safety record of previous flights. I can't help but feel that the high fatality rate on this programme is too high a price to pay and that the US should consider stopping it.

MInd you I have to admit I'm not really au fait with what benefits the shuttle programme brings, perhaps the loss of life is considered a fair trade-off?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Shuttle
I have very mixed feelings about this but the astronauts know the risks so I just wish them all the best. Will be tuning into to sky news to see if it`s on live there.
04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Shuttle
THere's also a live video stream on the bbc news website if you can't tear yourself away from the computer

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
04-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Shuttle
I remember when this used to be big news on the telly. God I'm old! :sad:
04-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Shuttle
survivorfan Wrote:THere's also a live video stream on the bbc news website if you can't tear yourself away from the computer
HA I sit on the comfy sofa watching tv with the monitor to the side and keyboard on my knee. I can multitask very well.
04-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Shuttle
Launched OK. :applause: Excellent to watch it on the camera that was stuck to the main fuel tank.
04-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Shuttle
Ooh, I wondered whether this got up alright today (I've been at work all evenign).
Apparently some of the insulation came of the fuel tank but not as big a piece that made the last shuttle fatal.
thank goodness it got up safely.
Now lets just hope it gets back to earth safely enough.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user