Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky
18-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Sky

I didnt know where to put this question - but i figure the TV forum is as apt as any.

Is anyone having problems watching it at the moment ?

Just lately i keep getting 'no signal being received' when i turn it on. Some of the channels work, but the majority dont.

Am i alone ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Sky
This happens to us very very occasionally......all we do is power it down by turning off at the wall and leave for 2 -3 mins and then re boot it - problem sorted!
Find all posts by this user
18-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Sky
The power down re boot thing is what we do when we occasionally loose the sound - but we have never lost the signal before.

Ill give it a whirl.

18-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Sky
Ours started losing signal very regularly last summer. The winter hasn't been too bad, but it's started again already. The picture goes all pixellated and the sound pops, then the signal goes. I assume it's something to do with the weather, but seeing as I've just renewed my service plan with Sky, I might get them to come and check it out.
19-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Sky
I think its worth doing Pats.

I havent got a service plan as i really didnt want to fork out the money they asked for as well as my usual £43 a month.

If i need them and they get arsey ill just cancel my subscription.

19-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Sky
Patsy Wrote:Ours started losing signal very regularly last summer. The winter hasn't been too bad, but it's started again already. The picture goes all pixellated and the sound pops, then the signal goes. I assume it's something to do with the weather, but seeing as I've just renewed my service plan with Sky, I might get them to come and check it out.

Just a thought - does your dish point towards trees, if it does the leaves might block the signal - in winter the leaves aren't there.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
19-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Sky
Ooooo, good point. I'll have a look tonight. :good:

Cheers Frog Face.
19-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Sky
We`ve had no problem with ours at all except for the odd failure recording. Saying that, it`s only happened 3 times in all the years we`ve had it but it`s just so annoying when it`s part 2 of somethings etc.