Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky +
08-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Sky +

Does anyone else have Sky + ??

We got a freebie from one of Mr.B's friends and it was rubbish (now i know why he wanted rid of it). To watch everything is fine, but the whole point of Sky + is to be able to record off it - and nearly everything we record it rubbish. I would say that 8/10 times we record, the sound is so jumpy we cant watch it. Its been driving me bananas as the concept is great and i wanna use it.

So i have just wrestled Mr.B's credit card off him and bought a new good one. I have been told to always buy a Pace machine, so thats what we have - and one with the new 180Gb of memory. It cost 150 quid, but if we went direct to sky they wanted 99 pound + 60 pound fitting which was compulsary, and we dont need it fitting. The dish and cables are already in situ.

So i cant wait to get it now and start using it properly. I have sworn more in the last few months than i ever have. I love watching a good film during the day, and i recorded 2 yesterday .... and neither of them were watchable :sly:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Sky +
We have Sky+ and have never had a problem with it.

It is a god send too, no more faffing with timers on video recorders..
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Sky +
I don`t think I could live without my sky+ now. We`ve never had any problems with it and I love the series link button which automatically records things for you. The only trouble we have is that things are far to easy to record now and we end up spending a lot of time watching tv :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Sky +
I think the trouble was, when they first came out they werent too good. There is a massive thread on Digital Spy with people reporting how rubbish the recordings are (although only on certain channels).

I cant live without it either. I do have a DVD recorder and can record whatever on their, but its a faff and i only really use it if there is a film i want to keep thats on the telly. It was so much easier to just press a button on the remote to record.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user