Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep and Sweat
21-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Sleep and Sweat

Almost every single night I wake up and the back of my T shirt is soaked with sweat so have to change all the time. Does anyone else have this? It is really annoying and I don't know what's causing it. I thought it was because Im too hot but thats not it because sometimes its a cold sweat and it's just my back. Im going through two T shirts a night and its such a hassle jumping down (have a high bed) and fishing through my clothes to find a suitable top half a-kip Sad

My Shark Website
[Image: Fin.gif]
____/\___\0/____
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Sleep and Sweat
Shark_Attacks Wrote:Almost every single night I wake up and the back of my T shirt is soaked with sweat so have to change all the time. Does anyone else have this? It is really annoying and I don't know what's causing it. I thought it was because Im too hot but thats not it because sometimes its a cold sweat and it's just my back. Im going through two T shirts a night and its such a hassle jumping down (have a high bed) and fishing through my clothes to find a suitable top half a-kip Sad
I suggest a medical assessment. Could be something simple in relation to the nervous system. Not a waste of your docs time.

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
23-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Sleep and Sweat
Sharkey I get this now and again - but it is generally during my periods [yuck - I hear you say] and I doubt this will be your problem.

I asked my son if he did this and he said yes - but now that I have, he is harping on about getting a 'sweat band', telling me I don't care that he sweats, and that I must be a bad mother cos he doesn't have a sweat band - are they trendy or something??
23-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Sleep and Sweat
Shark_Attacks Wrote:Almost every single night I wake up and the back of my T shirt is soaked with sweat so have to change all the time. Does anyone else have this? It is really annoying and I don't know what's causing it. I thought it was because Im too hot but thats not it because sometimes its a cold sweat and it's just my back. Im going through two T shirts a night and its such a hassle jumping down (have a high bed) and fishing through my clothes to find a suitable top half a-kip Sad

I agree with Tonee - night sweats can be a symptom of some things so wouldn't hurt to mention it to your GP.
24-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Sleep and Sweat
I very occasionally get there (about once every few months) and i thought it was something i ate.

I tend to get a hot flush if i eat cheese or chocolate - so i have always linked it to eating these things late at night.

BUT your's sound very severe, so a doctors appointment might be beneficial.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
24-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Sleep and Sweat
Shark_Attacks Wrote:Almost every single night I wake up and the back of my T shirt is soaked with sweat so have to change all the time. Does anyone else have this?
Quite often happens with me if I drink alcohol. (Or if I have a full bladder.)

Hot tip: don't wear a tee-shirt. Big Grin

But seriously, it's very annoying, isn't it? Sometimes it's so bad (if you're squeamish, look away) that it's soaked through to the mattress, and I end up having to put a towel on the bed... Grim.

A trip to the docs might be in order, but you could try avoiding alcohol/dieuretic liquids like coffee, and see how you get on.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does your sleep pattern change ..... Bonsai 11 1,582 13-03-2006 10:25 PM
Last Post: Flip
  Goodnight, sleep tight! msgirl 11 1,633 31-01-2006 03:31 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Seeing as I cannot sleep Marmoset 10 1,261 06-09-2005 06:02 AM
  How do you sleep? dab 42 3,390 31-07-2005 02:07 PM