Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Cookers
04-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Slow Cookers

We have a slow cooker - my wife uses it to cook a whole chicken - she shoves it in before she goes to work - and it's ready when she comes home.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Slow Cookers
Oooh, I am slowly....(geddit)...... thinking of getting one of these slow cookers, make my life so much easier! I am always rushing around at 4/5pm throwing things out of the fridge deciding what to make!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
04-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Slow Cookers
Bella Wrote:Oooh, I am slowly....(geddit)...... thinking of getting one of these slow cookers, make my life so much easier! I am always rushing around at 4/5pm throwing things out of the fridge deciding what to make!
I think you should get one Bella. They were very 'in' in the 70s (i believe) and then everyone abandoned them.

Now they are trendy again. Plus they are only about £20. cant be bad.

The thing i didnt know is that you can cook puddings in them too :good:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
04-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Slow Cookers
Going by SFs comments in the travel section about this thread, am i to assume that we need to pass all new thread topic ideas through you .... just to see if they meet with your approval ?

04-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Slow Cookers
Absolutely love my slow cooker. It will tenderise the cheapest and toughest cuts of meat but not mush the veg or boil away all the sauce like it does in the oven. I just use ordinary casserole/stew recipes and instead of putting in oven bung in slow cook and leave on for around 7-8 hours, and bob’s your uncle you have a fab hot steaming meal awaiting you on your return from work in the evening. I also do spag bol in it as although the mince doesn’t need to be tenderised, it gives it a lovely consistency. Also rice pud is fab. Happy Cooking!

:pizza:

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Slow Cookers
Bonsai Wrote:Going by SFs comments in the travel section about this thread, am i to assume that we need to pass all new thread topic ideas through you .... just to see if they meet with your approval ?

that's probably a good idea. Have you worked out how to use your slow cooker yet? Tip: I believe they plug in, don't try putting it in the oven. Hope this helps.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
04-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Slow Cookers
Patsy Wrote:You're right, Dolores, this isn't the thread for you. So far, I don't believe they have found a way to cook pie and chips in a slow cooker. :w00t:

hey! I can't even wait for the microwave to heat up my meat and tatty pie - so I have 'em cold!!

my brother got a slow cooker for Christmas and he thinks it's great (but then he was also besotted with his breadmaker for years - strange boy!).

for me I'm not sure I cuold be bothered to chop up stuff first thing in the morning. however, I must admit I'm feeling tempted to give one a go, maybe I'll find something in the sales!
04-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Slow Cookers
Dolores Wrote:for me I'm not sure I cuold be bothered to chop up stuff first thing in the morning. however, I must admit I'm feeling tempted to give one a go, maybe I'll find something in the sales!

Ive been told that its best to do the chopping / preparing last thing at night when doing your usual evening meal.... and then shove everything in the fridge. Then in the morning, tip it in - add some liquid and hey presto.

One of my main problems is that i have a weeny teeny kitchen. Bella is a lanky cow, and she manages to remove almost everything from all surfaces in the evening / during the day if alone. I have to 'doggy proof' it all the time. So I have two concerns. Would she be able to get the thing off the surface, even if pushed to the back of the worktop ? And would the smell of cooking meat / veggies send both dogs wild (animal cruelty i think you will agree) ?

04-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Slow Cookers
Quote:Bella is a lanky cow,

I seem to remember her being quite petite when we met in Dublin.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
04-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Slow Cookers
Bonsai Wrote:Well, last night i spend ages looking at receipes online .... but they were all very american.

Lots of links to British ones here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=s...CcountryGB

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]