Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Snakebite!
06-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Snakebite!

I’ve been bitten by snakes. Couple of days ago I thought I was depressed. But it wasn’t depression.

We all know there are snakes in the undergrowth of life. Come on, we all know. Most of us are live-and-let-live people who don’t go around snake-stomping just for the fun of it because, face it, it’s not. Thrilling maybe, briefly, but not fun.

Some people prefer to look away from an attack. They don’t like to be upset. Hell, some even walk away and leave the bitten one writhing on the ground. Takes all sorts.

So, that’s what was wrong with me. Not depression. Venom. Really bug gers up your sense of humour, that.

Pretty quickly, though, a group of experienced walkers found me and administered first aid. Bless them. They sucked the venom out and got me home safely.

I’m going to rest up for a while and recover. Don’t think it’ll take me very long at all.

Never know. I might come back as a mongoose. Smile
06-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Snakebite!
Flippin' eck Dabbydoos!

I sincerely hope the people did not suck out the venom....that is a no no in the world of snake bites as basically they are infecting themselves.... In future apply pressure above the bite to slow the flow of the poison through the system, apply cold compress if you have one handy, and seek urgent medical attention..... oh and it's not just the venom that can make your world go schmooey...the fangs of snakes are often covered in nasties as a result if their diet!

Keep a close eye on the bite for any sign of icky infection, increased redness around the bite, swelling etc and keep it clean!

In the meantime...have a :hug: from me!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Snakebite!
Blimey Riley Dab :ohmy: - I have never known anyone be bitten by a snake, how dreadful [but a very little bit exciting nonetheless]. Did it hurt? I probably thought it was a horsefly or a nettle sting - yuck poor you!!!
Take it easy won't you??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

06-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Snakebite!
Well, I hope you recover soon Dabster.

But I gotta be honest - I don't really "get" your post. Is this imagery? If so, but I'm rubbish with subtlety. It just whooshes right over my head......

I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely, but it seems like you are saying that someone or some people have been attacking and persecuting you for....fun? And that some people just watched or walked on by, whereas others stayed to offer help/support. Is that so?

If so, than I'm really sorry to hear that. Is this in your real life, or are you talking about people on the forum?

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
06-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Snakebite!
Hope you recover soon Dab! Snakebites can be nasty! :hug:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
06-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Snakebite!
I read it the same way as you Karen. I hope you can get rid Dabby best way is to grab them behind the the head and just chuck them out, in your mind if physically is not possible. xxx
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Snakebite!
I, too, tended to think that this was a sort of analogy and that poor Dab has been "bitten" by some human unkindness.

If so Dab, I hope knowing everyone here is on your side will help as an antidote. (((Hugs))) Mandy
06-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Snakebite!
As a result of trying to work a life saving incident and follow this board Coastie once again gets the wrong end of the stick and misses the point entirely... Blush

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
06-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Snakebite!
Critique Wrote:I, too, tended to think that this was a sort of analogy and that poor Dab has been "bitten" by some human unkindness.

oops. I am sorry to hear that - I have to say I was a very little bit excited that I knew someone had been bitten by a snake. It sounds terribly adventurous and romantic. I think the only poisonous snake in the UK is the Adder - and I once stood on one accidentally, thankfully it didn't bite me though - on account it was dead and squashed having been run over.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

06-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Snakebite!
We had zillions of the boogers where I grew up! In fact some kid who was on holiday tried to play with one, got bitten and had to have his arm amputated, so it's not very exciting at all.:ohmy:

None of the local kids were allowed to go roaming without either wellies or 'snake boots' - normally canvas baseball boots and thick socks - in case we tripped over one.

Sorry, that's gone really off topic. Blush I hope it wasn't a real snake bite that you had dab, as that would be very worrying. I'm sure you'll be back on top soon.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed