Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some nostalgia for you...
05-12-2006, 10:44 PM

Inspired by mezzio's posts in the TV Lounge, look what I found on youtube:

Survivor 1

Survivor 2

Just thought I'd share it, since that's the reason this place exists anyway!

Made me remember just how good and how gash Survivor 1 and Survivor 2 were, respectively.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Oh my god! Thats amazing!

I really really miss this show now, there just hasn't been a show as gripping as it for a long time.

Bring back Survivor!

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
06-12-2006, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2006 09:13 AM by tigger.)
Wow PJ. Thanks for that. Brought back some feelings there. Where did the series originate? I have forgotten.

Edited as I wanted to say that I think Survivor was the best reality show around and cannot understand why it didn't get better ratings! And what makes it worse is that with all the trash on the Sky channels they stopped showing the US version. Surely it pulled better ratings than some of the rubbish?

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
06-12-2006, 09:33 AM
I want another show:cry:

I loved coming on line and chatting about the weeks events...the challenges...the totty and the notty!

I had some real barnies with a G I think it was over Charlotte aka Polo...eeergh I couldn't stand her and couldn't belive it when she won! :mad2:

Bring back Survivor!

Maybe we should start a petition and send it to ITV? :nerd:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
06-12-2006, 01:26 PM
If yez all came over to live here you could watch them all on Oirish telly.:laugh: :laugh:

{te laughs and runs.......

serio question though: In this day and digital age can you guys not get any of our channels over there?

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2006, 01:29 PM
TE if we all came over there you'd move over here because you wouldn't want to answer to the authorities as to why you invited a bunch of strange web wanders to your beautiful green shores! They'd want to know...oo yes esspecially when we all put you down as our reference on our Irish citizen application forms!

Anyways...can't say I'd be so taken with Survivor without Brits being in it!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I could remember about three people from teh second series ... and yet the first series I can remember them all like it was yesterday!

sigh! those were the days. Makes you realise what a complete and utter cop out IAC is doesn't it.

TE - I wish we could get your channels over here - talk about the luck of the irish! s'not fair is it!!
06-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Same here Dol...the people in the first series were much more memorable...all I remember from the second series was that most of them were whinning and wanting to go home by the second day! Bunch of wusses!:boxing:

Now if they had put myself and Sheoque on the show you would have had much to remember! Sad

06-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Yeah - that does bring back memories. And I agree with what others have already said - Serries 1 was infinitely superior to Series 2. I didn't even bother to watch the link on the 2nd series.

But I'll tell you what. If I'd known back then that by watching that programme it would lead me onto an internet forum which I would STILL be posting on 5 years later.......I might've switched off the telly every Tuesday at 8pm. :blink:
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Survivor 1 was the reason I popped my cherry and signed up to my first internet form...in fact it was the first time I'd done anything on the web...it was the ITV official site and then...not long after signing up...someone pointed my nose in this direction and well...the rest as they say is addiction! :shocking:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SO Nostalgia PJ 82 5,660 21-12-2006 03:12 PM
Last Post: Patsy