Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some observations and nostalgia for past BB nights.
13-08-2005, 10:31 AM

I sat back last night and watched my DVD of BB2, the final night in my opinion being THE most exciting night in BB history as Helen and Brian stood waiting for Davina to call out the winner... Everything about BB2 and BB1 for that matter was about people watching.... the observation of a bunch of strangers and how their personalities developed over the weeks. Now it has mutated into professional housemates with a definite agenda to promote themselves in the world of celebrity once its all over, and that has spoiled the experience of just observing natural personalities in action over several weeks. In those days every eviction night was heralded by massive cheers for everyone and a real sense of excitement. It has descended now into a weekly public lynching, which I find most uncomfortable to watch. I think somehow this particular part of the whole BB experience will have to be changed and revert back to the sense of excitement and encouragment all the housemates received on exiting the house. Last night, love her or hate her, Makosi's exit and interview and the reactions of the crowd were an absolute disgrace. This girl has given us everything over eleven weeks, she was an amazing housemate to observe, one of the best in my opinion. She deserved a lot better than she received last night, and actually I cannot recall an exit from anyone, ( Adel BB3 included) that was as venomous as Makosi's exit from the house. The housemates awaiting eviction last night are the elite, the ones who have made the final cut... the ones who have lasted a difficult eleven weeks in that house, and all of them deserve to be treated very very differently than that which transpired last night. Comparing it to the charged excitement that greeted Helen and Brian and the wonderful carnival atmosphere that night - one got the sense that all that was missing from last night was the distribution of rotton veg and eggs to the crowd so they could complete the scenario and pelt each housemate as the left the house. As we all know its not necessarily the person who wins on the night who ends up the eventual winner.....Jade Goody being the number one example... a girl still getting amazing publicity three years after coming in THIRD !!!!! - anyone spot Kate Lawlor recently and as for Cameron....did we imagine he actually won it. It may well turn out that after the initial excitement dies down for Anthony.... it will turn out to be Makosi whose face will still be gracing magazine covers in years to come. I thought she looked stunning last night and the commercial potential for this attractive, intelligent charismatic woman are streets ahead of dim Anthony. Nevertheless nothing alters the fact that I still got greater pleasure from reliving the fabulous Brian's exit than the shenanigans of last night - says it all really.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Well said Borneobabe! I do remember the Brain and Helen Final and it was carnival like wasn't it?

And yes I think Makosi love her or hate her will be the one that could make it. She certainly has the balls to be in the celebrity ring. And yes she was a fantastic housemate, she is the one we have talked about, loved & hated her. Unlike Craig she does have a split personality, she does have a nice side to her, we have seen that. She is very much *me* *me* *me* but you need to be if you want to get on into becoming a celebritiy status.

Without her in the house I do reckon it would have been quite dull, as I can't warm to her personality I suppose I do have thank her for keeping me gripped to BB this year!! :w00t:

I still don't get why Adele was booed so much, I thought she was fab! :thumbsup:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
13-08-2005, 11:01 AM
it gets worse and worse every year imo. Last night was cringeworthy. There really is NO need to boo the ex-housemates when they come out on the stage. It must actually be incredibly hard to go out there.

It's what I imagine the crowd scenes at executions must have been like years ago.

At the end of the day what have these people done wrong? They're not monsters.

The baying mob has never been one of the good things about BB. Hopefully they can figure out a way to do the exits in a more congratulatory way in future. ....although I suspect die hard BB fans love all the hate and venom from the audience. I dont ... never have ... except for Maxwell (obviously!!!!)

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
13-08-2005, 11:24 AM
I agree with all you have said except your views on Makosi, who in my opinion came across as quite a nasty piece of work.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
13-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Being an experienced member of both crowd and studio (I was a VIP guest at Victors eviction - I know his family well) I can say the boo'ing is very good natured when you are there, much more so than it comes across on TV. It's very pantomime.
13-08-2005, 01:23 PM
You are way off the mark with Makosi. She was booed and heckled because her character was nasty and she had too high an opinion of herself. She needed the boos because it looks like she surrounds herself with friends who don't tell her the truth.

She was a rubbish housemate and all this "what a great housemate" tosh is a load of cobblers.

What others think and say about you is none of your business. :ohmy:
13-08-2005, 01:37 PM
isleofweather Wrote:She was a rubbish housemate and all this "what a great housemate" tosh is a load of cobblers.

well the way I see it is you don't have to be a good person to be a great housemate! in fact usually the less good someone is the better housemate they are, imo!

but hey ho! it's not real life. And she really doesn't deserve the utter vilification.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
13-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Interesting observations bb [Hi btw:bye: ] - and whilst I wholeheartedly agree with what you say, BB is a victim of its own success IMO.

Every year it seems to have to outdo 'itself', and so each year they up the ante, and once the ante is upped there is no where else to go than up! If they remained static the diehards would be saying that it has become boring and the ratings would drop.

Yet they are saying that as a whole this year's BB in terms of rtings, has been the worst yet!!

If they continue to oudo itself - who knows what will happen in the years to come, sending pregnant women in, watching them have babies, see thru duvets for self abuse visibility, 'poo' cam - :sick:

They could do a lot worse than return to the 'original social experiment' idea - just a bunch of fairly normal HM's, left to their own devices with the odd 'normal and sensible' task without all the subterfuge, deciet and 'secret missions'. I just know next year they will really really put a mole in the house - although what the mole will do I cannot imagine - as everything is available to see anyway!!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

13-08-2005, 02:11 PM
isleofweather Wrote:You are way off the mark with Makosi. She was booed and heckled because her character was nasty and she had too high an opinion of herself. She needed the boos because it looks like she surrounds herself with friends who don't tell her the truth.

She was a rubbish housemate and all this "what a great housemate" tosh is a load of cobblers.

Isle, you will get some rep from me for the above post.

As Ive said in the Makosi thread - what goes around comes around. If you treat people like crap, act in a superior manner, look at others like they are something you have scraped off your shoe, have b!tching sessions the like of which has never been witnessed before on BB, backstab your "friends", are pretentious, tell huge whopping lies and generally behave like someone the general public REALLY wouldnt want to meet in a dark alley - then sorry, but your are going to get THE most violent reaction ever seen from a BB audience.
The cow deserved it. And anyway, I hardly think it registered on the deluded womans radar. Her opinion of herself is the one that counts. We are just plebs.
13-08-2005, 02:25 PM
isleofweather Wrote:You are way off the mark with Makosi. She was booed and heckled because her character was nasty and she had too high an opinion of herself. She needed the boos because it looks like she surrounds herself with friends who don't tell her the truth.

Oh I agree IOW she did have a HUGE opinion of herself and she was nasty but she was oh so good to watch! It was seeing her downfall that made good TV, when she came I would have bet my bottom dollar that she was going to be the winner, then her true colours shone through. It was like seeing her in slow motion slowly spiralling out of control. She is vile, nasty, so up her own backside but she was good to watch and great to gossip about it!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Past Nominations. Cat 27 3,321 02-08-2005 06:21 PM
Last Post: Cat
  Last Nights Show - Help Bonsai 5 831 10-06-2005 08:20 AM
Last Post: Bonsai