Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone stole our lights!!!
15-12-2005, 08:59 AM

Can you beleive how low some people will go, me and hubby took a trip to the cinema Tuesday night to see Flight Plan, when we arrived back home someone had nicked all our coloured bulbs off our outside Christmas Tree!
we put that tree up for our children:cry: . so we have now put in clear bulbs, if they get nicked, a Rottweiler will be sitting under the tree waiting.:naughty:

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2005, 09:03 AM
how terrible Bridge. What a disappointment!

do you live in a particularly rough area?!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Dolores Wrote:how terrible Bridge. What a disappointment!

do you live in a particularly rough area?!!

No not really, it's quite a nice area but our house is by a busy road, if they had wanted some bulbs, all they had to do was ask and i would have given them some. Our tree now looks like a glowing blob as hubby put in 40- 50 watt bulbs! i was sitting in the lounge wehen he switched it on, i thought an alien space craft had landed in the garden. :laugh:

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
15-12-2005, 09:12 AM
aren't they plugged in inside the house though? did the tinkers cut the wires? maybe you could booby trap it so that they get fried if they try to tinker with the wires ... much cheaper than a rottweiler and a lot more effective for a new kind of light display i think!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
15-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Awwwww i am so sorry to hear that Bridge. That must have been a real dissapointment when you got home.

A similar thing happened to my dad one year. They only put coloured lights on their outside tree, and they woke up one morning and some swine had come along and taken the bulbs out of certain colours. Obviously the thiefs bulbs had blown, and they decided not to go to Woolworths and replace them like everyone else in the UK .... and decided it would be easier to nick them instead.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
15-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Bonsai Wrote:Obviously the thiefs bulbs had blown, and they decided not to go to Woolworths and replace them like everyone else in the UK ....

dahling, we don't all go to Woolies for tacky decorations. I'm just off to Harvey Nicks to get mine now!

15-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Dolores Wrote:dahling, we don't all go to Woolies for tacky decorations. I'm just off to Harvey Nicks to get mine now!

Oooooohhhh get you. Will you be having some 'free for bestest customers' bolly whilst doing your shopping too sweetie :laugh:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
15-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Gosh, this sounds as bad as my hanging basket episode.:unsure:

I really do not understand people's mentalities sometimes. What's wrong with them? :ranting:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
15-12-2005, 10:44 AM
That is so horrible.How can they enjoy them knowing full well that someone is upset because of it.
:-(((
Some humans are just vile!

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
15-12-2005, 10:48 AM
How blooming nasty is that -scum, that's what they are....scum!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Outdoor lights MariaRob 7 820 29-07-2006 10:26 AM
Last Post: Ziller
  Christmas Lights ils 20 1,978 01-12-2004 01:27 PM
Last Post: Bonsai