Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somethings are best unsaid
10-07-2006, 03:10 PM

I have to say I was forward a part of this and had to go and find out more

How would the person who said this come across to you?

"These self-obsessed women seem genuinely unaware that 9-11 was an attack on our nation and acted like as if the terrorist attack only happened to them. They believe the entire country was required to marinate in their exquisite personal agony. Apparently, denouncing Bush was part of the closure process." ........
........."These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's death so much."

OK, I'll hold off from telling you more. (The more inquisative may go and find out) but the question is........do you sense the irony of the comment?

Do you feel that this person fails to see what they themselves are actually portraying to the listener?

MSGirl...you may have come across this comment recently!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2006, 06:56 PM
No idea whose words these are, and in the words themselves there's no sense of irony - I guess you mean it's ironic in that he is being hypocritical? If that's so, he's probably doing the very same thingthat he's critcising, probably by using the events of 9/11 for his own personal gain in some way? Just a guess!

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
10-07-2006, 07:21 PM
It definately reads to me that, in the view of the person being quoted, the wives of some who died in 9/11 are looking to make as much financial profit from the attack as possible and are being criticised for it...:blink:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Slipper...I have heard snips of this going around especially since the 'Flight 93' movie came out. I think the women who have portrayed their stories have done so in 'faith' based books and are doing public speaking lectures about thier experience and the faults and inaction of the Bush government at possibly stopping this from happening. That someone would say that they are using it for a get rich scheme or popularity thing, I find that disturbing. These women and men talked to their significant others and family members in the last moments of their lives and couldn't do anything but know they would never see or talk to them again. There have been cases of fraud surrounding the claims of lives lost in the Twin Towers, but never against these group of widows. Can you post or pm me your link/source as I'm truly peaked in this now. I read a very moving and well presented piece in Vanity Fair magazine last year or so and these women are having to move on with morgtages, bills, etc. where they were mainly stay-at-home moms b/4 9-11 and if any so and so can write a book on anything today, I feel as an American they are expressing how this affected them. I don't think they are 'using' thier 'widow status'...they have children to support and lives to carry on with and we can't say they should or shouldn't 'act' a certain way. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and get me your source. :ohmy:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure: