Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedo
11-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Speedo

Last week we drove to Northumberland, and today I got two speeding notices, one from the Met and one from Lincolnshire Police about two separate speeding offences.

The Lincolnshire one names me, and wants a fine + 3 penalty points.

The Met one asks for the name of the driver.

Assuming the Met one will lead to a similar fine/penalty (although it could be up to 6 penalty points), should I say it was me driving, and get more penalty points, or should I say it was Mrs SF so we share the penalty?

How long do penalty points remain, and how many can you accrue before your licence is suspended?

Yours speedily
SF

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Speedo
survivorfan Wrote:How long do penalty points remain, and how many can you accrue before your licence is suspended?

I think it is 3 years that they remain on your licence and it is 12 penalty points for a one year ban.
11-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Speedo
Yikes SF!!

I know once you reach 12 points you will be banned for a specific time, could be six months, could be a year..........I think, so don't quote me on it! And they last for 3 years...........and if you want them removed you have to pay for it!!!!

The double whammy is that either way it will also affect your insurance as you have to state if you have any points on your license.

You could always say that your car got stolen but before you got the chance to report it you found it!!!

I hate speed cameras - there are millions on the A68. I not sure if I got flashed or not coming back from Flip's as the camera did flash but it was on the other side of the road, so I am hoping that it wasn't me!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Speedo
SF - do you know how fast you were going when you were flashed by the Met camera?

The reason I ask is because I think the Met are doing that new speed awareness initiative, whereby if your speed is not excessively about the limit you get the fine but instead of getting points, you have to go on a daycourse about speeding.

That could be the reason why the Met are asking for your name. One of the main benefits of this scheme is that the person gets no points on their licence and their insurance company and/or employer do not get to hear about the speeding offence. For that reason, the may wish to ensure in advance that they are "inviting" the correct person.

That is the only reason I can think of why they may be doing this. In my experience, they usually they just send you the producer, with a request for payment of the fine, and the fine notice includes a little box that you can tick if you were not the driver of the car.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
11-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Speedo
Oh dear sf:sad:

The Lincoln one will only have named you as the registered keeper of the car. So in fact I am near enough sure you could name 'another' driver ie Mrs sf on that one too.

Not that you are going to name her on both so that she could get 6 points. But if the Met one is to partake of the 'driving awareness scheme' and one of you already have points - then it would seem sensible to name the 'pointed' driver at the Met speedo and the 'unpointed' driver at the Lincoln speedo - and you both drove at various times didn't you??

My sister in law and brother in law are having the same 'arguement' at the moment - they have a ticket and neither can remember who was driving - and it looks like they are going to get away with it - because it is very genuine that they honestly cannot remember who was actually driving at that point. The relevant police force - cannot enforce this speedo on them - as they don't know who was driving. My sis in law even went as far as requesting a copy of the photo to see if they could see who was driving - this was inconclusive. So it is looking more and more likely that they will get off!!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

11-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Speedo
survivorfan Wrote:Assuming the Met one will lead to a similar fine/penalty (although it could be up to 6 penalty points), should I say it was me driving, and get more penalty points, or should I say it was Mrs SF so we share the penalty?

If Mrs SF doesn't have any/many points currently, I would try and convince her to take the blame. I did this for Mr P recently, otherwise it would have taken him up to 9 points.
11-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Speedo
Patsy Wrote:If Mrs SF doesn't have any/many points currently, I would try and convince her to take the blame. I did this for Mr P recently, otherwise it would have taken him up to 9 points.

Oh what a sweetheart you are Patsy! Hope you got a BIG present for doing that! :laugh:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
11-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Speedo
Sorry to hear you've been caught speeding twice but honesty is always the best policy Wink

[Image: chatdaily_sig.gif]

www.chatdaily.co.uk
11-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Speedo
My old boss was always being done for speeding and he would pay people at work and friends £100 for taking the points. I couldn't do it though

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
11-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Speedo
Bella Wrote:Oh what a sweetheart you are Patsy! Hope you got a BIG present for doing that! :laugh:

Still waiting, Bella. :angry: