Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spice Girls
02-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Spice Girls

Anyone going to see them? I am shocked at the price of the tickets £75 and £55!! Jaysus, they were pretty crap when they did hit the big time and they have said that they aren't going to do any new stuff. I think it is called ripping fans off big time!! No doubt there will be some idiots who will pay these over-flated prices but I definitely won't be one of them! Wouldn't even pay 75p!!!

And they say they are not in it for the money...........yeah right!!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Spice Girls
They would have to pay me to go and watch them, and then only if it came with a free bar all night.

They were shi te then and they are sh ite now.
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Spice Girls
Ah jaysus lads - have you forgotten about Girl Power already?

Now where's that Tricolour mini dress.....

bam bam
02-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Spice Girls
I am all for girl power - just as long as the spice girls are nowhere in sight or earshot!! they can't sing - they never could, and they are not attractive girls either (IMO), so what is the appeal? I just can't see it.
02-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Spice Girls
Ah, they were 'influential' in their day, but if I was them I'd be pretty darn planking meself about going on stage 'live' after this much time.

The backlash if they really blow it will put Brittney's vilification in the hal'penny place.

bam bam
02-10-2007, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2007 04:59 PM by ~ils~.)
Spice Girls
Well I liked them the 1st time around and they were great in concert when I saw them at Wembley Stadium!

I guess it's like with everything, it is a matter of opinion, some people will like them and some won't.

Some wouldn't pay that sort of money to see them and some would, and just because they would doesn't make them idiots!

Actually I was lucky enough to get 6 tickets to their 1st concert and I am going with a couple of my mates, my daughter and a couple of her friends!

I can't wait, it should be fun!

[SIZE="3"]ils - Member of SO since August 2001![/SIZE]
02-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Spice Girls
~ils~ Wrote:I was lucky enough to get 6 tickets to their 1st concert

Isn't this what they call an oyxmoron

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
02-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Spice Girls
I did quite like the first record the Spice Girls did - something about Zig a Zig ah -can't remember the name and they were quite exciting with an appeal to young girls. But I really couldn't see where all the worldwide sales came from - but come they did -who can argue with statistics? ... seriously somebody ... argue ... with statistics!

I also don't know why they were seen as such trailblazers spouting girl power when they had the songs written for them and produced to the nth degree - and notice none of 'em were fat with spots - cos that's not what girl power is about is it!

they are well past their sell by date by anyone's standards. It's a bit like the Take That hasbeen show - it appeals to those who crave nostalgia rather than a great musical experience I would guess.

mind you I went to see The Who in 1989 when many may have said they were past their sell by date - and they were effing fantastic!!

each to their own.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
02-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Spice Girls
survivorfan Wrote:Isn't this what they call an oyxmoron

no it's not.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
02-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Spice Girls
Dolores Wrote:I did quite like the first record the Spice Girls did - something about Zig a Zig ah -can't remember the name and they were quite exciting with an appeal to young girls. But I really couldn't see where all the worldwide sales came from - but come they did -who can argue with statistics? ... seriously somebody ... argue ... with statistics!

I also don't know why they were seen as such trailblazers spouting girl power when they had the songs written for them and produced to the nth degree - and notice none of 'em were fat with spots - cos that's not what girl power is about is it!

they are well past their sell by date by anyone's standards. It's a bit like the Take That hasbeen show - it appeals to those who crave nostalgia rather than a great musical experience I would guess.

mind you I went to see The Who in 1989 when many may have said they were past their sell by date - and they were effing fantastic!!

each to their own.

The Who and The Spice Girls are leagues apart though Dol. Their first song did have a ring to it and yes, there were a few songs afterwards that weren't too bad but I just don't think they are..........or were big enough to command that sort of price for tickets.

None of them have really made as a solo career, so doesn't that tell you something. Mel C had a few songs out and I do admit to liking the few that Emma Bunton had out, in fact Emma is only one that I like. The rest of them are just being a bit desperate, but as you say Dol each to their own.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls The Curmudgeon 22 3,587 15-05-2008 06:08 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Spice Girls - Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) The Curmudgeon 1 995 13-05-2008 02:36 PM
Last Post: The Curmudgeon
  Spice Girls Reunion At 10 Million Each. Northern angel 5 1,047 25-06-2007 12:51 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up Scooby 8 1,391 29-01-2005 12:09 AM
Last Post: Andrea
  Girls Aloud - What Will The Neighbours Say? Scooby 5 1,464 12-12-2004 01:45 PM
Last Post: Kittencat