Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiders
04-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Spiders

I hate the blummin things, and just lately my house seems to be inundated with them :shocking: Is anyone else suffering ?

The other day watching the telly a massive black one run across the rug. I tried to get the cat to see it (as he would then grab and crunch) but because he is daft he didnt :sly:

This morning i picked up my handbag from the lounge floor, and a spider ran across the floor. He must of spent the night in the folds of the bag.

I HATE SPIDERS.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Spiders
Oooooh Yukkky yukky! They've started early this year then Bons. I usually reckon on about August/September when I get reduced to a gibbering wreck.

Last year I sat here on my computer chair all night with my legs drawn up off the floor because one ran across the room. I don't understand why something so small can terrorise me like that! It's irrational.

Is there a cure?
04-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Spiders
I've got better as I've got older. I can actually trap and dispose of them now, with the use of an upturned cup (not a glass, I don't want to see it) and a piece of firm card.

I did it in the office last week and felt very proud of myself, as one of the girls was nearly in tears!

Mr P picks them up and throws them out the window. He was brought up in Africa, so he's seen a lot worse!

I can't kill spiders, but I have no problem smashing a daddy long-legs to bits with a rolled up magazine. :devil:
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Spiders
Patsy Wrote:I can't kill spiders, but I have no problem smashing a daddy long-legs to bits with a rolled up magazine. :devil:

I kill them. I always think that i dont go and visit them in their house .... so if they want to risk visiting me in mine, and i see one - THEY DIE :devil:

04-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Spiders
Bonsai Wrote:I kill them. I always think that i dont go and visit them in their house .... so if they want to risk visiting me in mine, and i see one - THEY DIE :devil:

Because of course you are human being, capable of rationalisation and they are spiders. :cool2:
04-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Spiders
Patsy Wrote:Because of course you are human being, capable of rationalisation and they are spiders. :cool2:

Spiders are satan in disguise :mad2:

04-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Spiders
Spiders don't really bother me. I'll kill 'em with no problem. Hubby and the boys...they scream like Janet Leigh in 'Psycho'. I've seen hubby nearly swoon from walking into a web and couldn't find the spider allegedly attached.:w00t:

Snakes...that's another matter all together.:blink: :bag:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
04-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Spiders
Cant decide which I hate more:The ones that scurry along and manage to hide before you can get to them...
or the ones that crawl slowly and surely ..inch by inch..leg by leg...up the wall in total defiance.
Sneaky little fekkers!

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
04-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Spiders
msgirl Wrote:I've seen hubby nearly swoon from walking into a web and couldn't find the spider allegedly attached.:w00t:

Walking into a web :ohmy: I think i would have a heart attack if i did that :blink:

04-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Spiders
Bonsai Wrote:Walking into a web :ohmy: I think i would have a heart attack if i did that :blink:

Me too - when I go down our back staircase into the garden, in the Summer, I have to take a wooden spoon and wave the handle about in front of me in case there is one across them Blush Don't know what my neighbour must think (but I don't care cos it's preferable to a heart attack Wink )

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spiders mazwad 15 1,733 16-11-2006 11:33 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Eeek there's spiders about! Coastie 25 2,466 26-11-2005 01:39 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Spiders on the new forum Andrea 12 1,852 02-11-2004 08:13 PM
Last Post: spider30