Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiders
14-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Spiders

Does anyone know where I can buy chestnut spray as I read somewhere that spiders hate it and keep well away from it. I am not bothered by them but my grandaughter hates them and they seem to love her bedroom.

She keeps going into her mum and dads room to sleep, her dads not too impressed by this so I thought I would try and help but can't remember where I saw it advertised.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Spiders
Maz, just googled it and you can get it at http://www.shop-com.co.uk/ it's £10 a bottle though.
14-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Spiders
All I'm coming up with a chesnut acrylic wood polishing spray, maz, is that the one you're after?

There's a few on ebay, or here:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?p...rc=froogle

Other helpful hints from the internerd:

Wash windows inside and out with a combo of ammonia & water. When windows dry (almost automatically outdoors) go over the entire window (metal frame too, if necessary) with newspaper and kerosene. The kerosene also evaporates immediately but leaves a residue that repels spiders, flies and mosquitoes.

I learned this from the man who trained the spiders for the movie "Arachnophobia". Spiders have their taste buds on the tips of their legs. They also hate the taste of Lemon Pledge. Dust your window sills and doorframes with the Pledge, both inside and out, and any areas where they accumulate. The spiders will find that they don't want to live with you.

Bollox to potplants
14-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Spiders
Thanks girls lemon pledge sounds like the cheapest option if that doesnt work we will get on to the hard stuff.

I would be willing to pay 10 quid if necessary cos boy does that girl scream.
14-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Spiders
Or get a cat :w00t:

Bollox to potplants
14-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Spiders
They do have a cat but it doesn't go near the spiders. My grandaughter has a habit of dressing like one so i told her cats eat spiders and would she like them boiled or dropped in a nice bit of batter first.
15-08-2006, 03:21 AM
Spiders
mazwad Wrote:cos boy does that girl scream.

Sounds like the 3 men I have around here. They don't bother me so I have to kill them for the 'delicate flowers' around here.

Now snakes and hornets as big as my thumb...that's a whole 'nother subject!!:cry:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
15-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Spiders
Im with your Grandaughter here Maz. I hate the blummin things, and i can literally hear my heart thumping when i see one. The cat brought a massive live one into the lounge last night, and i screamed in terror. How can something so small cause me so much anguish ?

I hope the spray works.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Spiders
My little boy just threatens to eat them, they soon scarper.

I don't mind spiders (as long as they're not huge) and generally just ignore them or put them outside - moths on the other hand will have me hiding under the duvet... bit pathetic really.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Spiders
For me its wasps so I do sympathise with her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spiders Bonsai 14 1,735 05-05-2006 06:49 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Eeek there's spiders about! Coastie 25 2,395 26-11-2005 01:39 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Spiders on the new forum Andrea 12 1,793 02-11-2004 08:13 PM
Last Post: spider30