Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiler - Episode 8 "Confidence Man" E4 Viewers Only
15-09-2005, 07:14 PM

THis episode came up with my favourite bit of dialogue from the series so far

Sayid " Let me make him talk I served in the National Guard" (or something like that)

Dr Jack "I thought you were a communications officer"

Sayid " One of the things I learned was how to make the enemy communicate"

Brilliant!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2005, 10:16 AM
At the beginning when Sayer was supposed to be in the nude you could see the top of his pants!! What a cheat!

Thank goodness Sayer does wear suits very often - he looked awful suited and booted!

Again we saw way too much of Kate and the doc, but we did get to see more of the pregnant girl....I like her and Charlies relationship.
I like the scenes with Charlie and Harley too 'I'm a big guy...it's gonna be a while before you're giving me piggy backs' that made me laugh.

Shannon and Boone....do I suspect a little brother/sister romance going on there - something not right with their relationship anyway.
Find all posts by this user
16-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Minklemar Wrote:At the beginning when Sayer was supposed to be in the nude you could see the top of his pants!! What a cheat!

Thank goodness Sayer does wear suits very often - he looked awful suited and booted!

Again we saw way too much of Kate and the doc, but we did get to see more of the pregnant girl....I like her and Charlies relationship.
I like the scenes with Charlie and Harley too 'I'm a big guy...it's gonna be a while before you're giving me piggy backs' that made me laugh.

Shannon and Boone....do I suspect a little brother/sister romance going on there - something not right with their relationship anyway.

I agree Mink, Kate is begining to bore me as is Captian Jack!

I just love Charlie, he is so adorable I just want to give a great big hug!

Looking forward to seeing Hurley's story I just hope that Kate butts out of that one!

And yes, I also think there is more to Boone & Shannon than meets the eye!

Also with Sun becoming involved in the camp more with Michael, her husband (whose name I can't remember) is not at all pleased.

Enjoyed Sawyer's story though and it does give an insight into why he is behaving bad and it shows that he does have a nice side to him, and that it is all just bravado. I hope as time goes on he loses that huge chip in his shoulder,Sayid has already helped by taking a chunk of it! :laugh:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
16-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Anyone else think it strange that out of all the stories so far Sawyer's didn't explain why he was on a plane from Australia - or did I miss something?

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
16-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Rob Wrote:Anyone else think it strange that out of all the stories so far Sawyer's didn't explain why he was on a plane from Australia - or did I miss something?

Oh! I hadn't noticed that! Maybe he's a 2-parter and we'll get to see the rest of his story in another episode - I hope so anyway!
20-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I thought this was the best one recently, after going off the boil post Locke´s story. Sawyer's an interesting character and the whole torture question was well dealt with. Although I would have liked the buddha of surburbia to ahng around rather than walking away. However I'm still amazed that noone has mentioned either the monster or the polar bear for at least 5 episodes. What's the point of puttin these things in if you then ignore them?
20-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Just ermebered this after reading about the previous episode. Does anyone think Locke was a bit too eager to present the case against Sawyer to Sayed?
This made me suspect that Locke might have been the one to hit Sayed - i think someone suggested it in the moth episode discussion. After all Locke doesn´t want to leave the island - he may not be able to walk if he does - and also knows something about the beast that he hasn't told anyone. Maybe the theory about him being a spy has some credence.
22-09-2005, 07:40 AM
It's gradually getting worse and worse isn't it!

I know some of you ladies have said you fancy Sawyer, but come on let's face it the guy is a TERRIBLE actor!

Last night's story was laughable, so thinly plotted and badly written.

My friend at work has told me not to watch it if all I'm gonna do is mock and criticise it!!! She has no idea how I get my kicks does she!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
22-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Dolores Wrote:My friend at work has told me not to watch it if all I'm gonna do is mock and criticise it!!! She has no idea how I get my kicks does she!!!

No idea at all :laugh:
22-09-2005, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2005 06:01 PM by karenh.)
Dolores Wrote:I know some of you ladies have said you fancy Sawyer, but come on let's face it the guy is a TERRIBLE actor!

I'd agree with you there Dol, only I'm inclined to think that he does the best with a poor part.

His character is really one dimensional and undeveloped. He doesn't get the oppotunity to display any other "side" than brooding, smouldering anger. And he's not the only character that is one-dimensional either. The same could be said of Sayid and Jack - particuarly Jack, who is so good and noble that it makes me want to puke sometimes. I wish he'd just lose his temper or take a dump in the sea or something.

The characters who tend to be the most interesting are those that are main characters, but take a less central role. The likes of Locke, Sun and Charlie. you sense that there is much more to them than meets the eye.

That said, I do think Sawyer is darned FIT!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Last week's episode Bella 24 3,310 03-09-2006 07:15 PM
Last Post: PJ
  Lost E4 episode 7th December 2005 Bella 20 2,587 15-12-2005 10:47 AM
Last Post: Aondeag
  Claire's Story - Spoiler - E4 Viewers only! Bella 6 1,539 15-10-2005 03:57 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Sayid's Story - Spoiler Bella 9 1,359 03-10-2005 09:35 AM
Last Post: Aondeag
  Episode 7 The Moth - E4 viewers only - SPOILER! Bella 9 1,450 15-09-2005 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  I am struggling with the Titles - and episode numbers?? Flip 11 1,796 10-09-2005 04:43 PM
Last Post: Isis
  Episode 6 - House of the Rising Sun (SPOILER - E4 Ep) Minklemar 10 1,783 08-09-2005 03:00 PM
Last Post: Isis
  Episode 5 - White Rabbits (E4 viewers only) Bella 26 2,810 04-09-2005 08:50 PM
Last Post: ils
  Episode 4 - Walkabout (Lockes Story) C4 - 25th August! ils 36 3,456 30-08-2005 05:33 PM
Last Post: Islandman