Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiler - big happening in the house
07-06-2007, 09:42 AM

Emily has been kicked out of the house for using a racially offensive word.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother8/...-slur.html

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Blimey :surrender:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
07-06-2007, 10:39 AM
having read the transcript the whole thing was made worse by repetition of the said word and then Emily's awful attempts to try and pass the whole thing off as "no big deal". I think what happened was that she was trying to be all "street" when dancing with Charley and it all went a bit pear shaped.:shocking:

not much BB could do but bin her.:good:

**I heart Northern Soul**
07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
ha!!!!! serves her right, the word she used is vile and offensive, this will teach the snotty madam that its not big and its not clever...........she is sooooooo up herself, bet that took the wind right out of her sails :w00t:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
07-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Regardless of whether or not she "says this to her friends all the time" - jokey tone or not - she should not be saying it to someone she's known for a week, if at all. Silly bint. Totally deserved.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
07-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh, what a shame. I was quite enjoying her trying wriggle out of self-induced awkward situations. One faux pas too far.

Silly posh ****. Trying to be street should always be left to the commoners, eh Fee?
07-06-2007, 10:39 PM
If I'm honest, I don't think she is racist. She is however, an astonishingly stupid little girl.

If she wasn't to realise how much of an effect using such a word would have after the whole Jade-Shilpa row, then she shouldn't be in a position where 4-5 million people are watching what she is doing every night.

She was using the word to try and look 'cool' and see if she could break a taboo. It was incredibly foolish. I can't believe she wouldn't realise how offensive some people may find it.

I don't think she should have been given the boot, just a very severe warning. However, Channel 4 had no option to remove her, just to save face. There would have been uproar if she had remained.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
08-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Mars Wrote:I don't think she should have been given the boot, just a very severe warning. However, Channel 4 had no option to remove her, just to save face. There would have been uproar if she had remained.

This is how I feel. She was stupid, and didnt think - and she should of been given a harsh talking to, PLUS a warning. I think kicking her out was drastic - but channel 4 couldnt of done anything else.

I wonder if Emily will go into hiding now, or if she will be on every TV program justifying her actions.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
08-06-2007, 09:27 AM
I am not watching but saw on GMTV this morning that because of this there will be no eviction this week and of course everyone that has texted/phoned in has wasted their money yet again! My personal opion is that BB should be pulled now. :boxing:

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
08-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I think she is a racist. The stories of other incidents are in today's press. She has had a priv upbringing. It would seem from what we have see form her that she lacked humility or an appreciation of others. I would deduce from that, that her parents were intolerant of "lower" people and she has picked it up. I actually think that she let slip what she was thinking. She did not like Charley and she was reacting to Charley sticking out her non existent tummy pretending to be fat. I would imagine that Emily, who could see straight through Charley, was thinking "oh brother now she is saying she is fat so that we say..oh no Charley you are sooo thin" and let slip what she had in her head.

She was not being pally saying "you go girl" she was criticising Charley for being fake and so it is not the same as being street. I think she was being genuinely racist. Hence the reason that Charley and to a lesser extent Nicky reacted in such a manner.

**I heart Northern Soul**

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Carol's house maxine 2 1,579 27-07-2007 06:56 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  SPOILER - Nominations Bonsai 7 1,000 07-06-2007 12:22 PM
Last Post: Minklemar