Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Personality of the Year 2005
12-12-2005, 07:59 AM

hey look at me in a sports thread!!

anyway my sporty point was DID YOU SEE KELLY HOLMES' DRESS!!! what a fright she looked with her four pack peeking out beneath her bosum! She obviously needs a stylist and quick for next year as I seem to remember last years dress and gait were both a disaster.

....and that is my contribution to the sports thread!

except to say wasn't it lovely to see Daley Thomson again! :naughty: :wub: surely a more perfectly human being doesn't exist!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey..I'm in a sports thread too...talking about soccer..of all things.
yukky..who'd have 'thunk' it!
I have a question: How come roy keane's medical for Real Madrid wasn't shown on telly...unlike certain other people who had theirs splashed all across the newsrooms?
ROTFL!!!!Big Grin

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
Find all posts by this user
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Aondeag Wrote:I have a question: How come roy keane's medical for Real Madrid wasn't shown on telly..

Could be because it didn't happen!!!!!!!!!!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
12-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Dolores Wrote:hey look at me in a sports thread!!

anyway my sporty point was DID YOU SEE KELLY HOLMES' DRESS!!! what a fright she looked with her four pack peeking out beneath her bosum! She obviously needs a stylist and quick for next year as I seem to remember last years dress and gait were both a disaster.

....and that is my contribution to the sports thread!

except to say wasn't it lovely to see Daley Thomson again! :naughty: surely a more perfectly human being doesn't exist!

Apart from Kelly Holmes looking like a man in drag in her dress, did you hear the boring monotone with which she read out the nominations??? :wacko: It had to be heard to be believed !!

Much as I adore Daley (and met him once, drool), god didnt he go onnnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnn:shutup: ...

Isnt Seb Coe a humility free zone? Rolling his eyes slightly when Daley got mixed up during his speech.. :glare:

And oooooh get a load of Ellen 'I shouldve won' MacArthur's face when she came second !!! Talk about peed off ! :w00t:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
12-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Pandora Wrote:And oooooh get a load of Ellen 'I shouldve won' MacArthur's face when she came second !!! Talk about peed off ! :w00t:

I think I would have been a bit peed off it I had just gone round the world to get beaten by a guy playing grown-up rounders! :laugh: :w00t:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
13-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Bella Wrote:I think I would have been a bit peed off it I had just gone round the world to get beaten by a guy playing grown-up rounders! :laugh: :w00t:

Hello Bella and Dolores,

It most definitely is a man's world, isn't it? Especially since Ellen McCarthy was second and did deserve to be first. Sorry to admit I didn't know until checking the papers late today, and due to watching the Royal Variety performance didn't see the sports awards programme, this year.

If that I had been in her shoes I would have been more than peed off. the demands placed upon Ellen as a round the world yachtswoman is certainly more demanding and more of a personal achievement than an adult male playing as you say Bella. Rounders...or any other team sport involving a ball or ball and bat.

Maureen
Northern angel.:wallbash:
Find all posts by this user
13-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Bella Wrote:I think I would have been a bit peed off it I had just gone round the world to get beaten by a guy playing grown-up rounders! :laugh: :w00t:

It was obvious Flintoff would win this year...he has afterall had all the press coverage....

It's a shame though as this is the second time Ellen has been the runner up as a result to an English win...last time was to Johnny Wilkinson I believe....:unsure:

I guess she needs to time her amazing achievements (and far more worthy) to happen when England are involved in a competition they are unlikely to win....hmmm next year maybe! :whistle:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
13-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Coastie Wrote:It was obvious Flintoff would win this year...he has afterall had all the press coverage....

lol! He got plenty today as because of his & his team late-night party antics (3am) they lost to Pakinstan - it's just a case of boys will be boys and have a p*ss up at any opportunity! And shows that the cricketers are getting just as bad as the footballers in drunkard stakes!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
13-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Oh and Bella...Ruby Rudner (an American Comiedian) summed up cricket nicely for me once...she described it as...

'A bunch of grown men in their pyjamas running around a big field whilst one man tries to knock down another mans fence who defends it and a third man, who cowers behind him in a crouched postion, with a wooden plank!'

Totally pointless!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
13-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Didn't watch this, but heard on the radio today that apparently Sue Barker has had to apologise for a comment she made about welsh rugby.
something on the lines of....
"the welsh rugby team might do quite well as long as they can manage to keep Gavin Henderson out of church":laugh:

[Image: 429.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Arsenal are FA Cup Winners 2005 Patsy 21 5,961 18-06-2007 08:24 AM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  Football Season 2005/06! Flyo 212 15,697 10-05-2006 07:44 PM
Last Post: Rob
  World Athletics Championships 2005 Patsy 4 1,366 15-08-2005 09:13 AM
Last Post: Bella
  Who's Gonna Stay In The Premiership This Year? Hugh Jaas 6 1,530 28-04-2005 09:46 AM
Last Post: Flyo