Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotty Spots :>O
07-06-2006, 04:16 PM

My daughter is off to Somerset this Friday for 4 days with the School, well she came home yesterday plastered in spots all over her chest and back, she was crying her heart out convinced she had chicken pox and would'nt be able to go on the trip.

well i took her to the doctors today and she has Pityriasis Rosea (sounds like a wine):bag: which is caused by a virus and is not contagious thank God, she is going into the garden and rubbing her back on the tree trunk it's itching her so much, Doc said they won't go for another 6-8 weeks.

I just hope the other girls won't be mean to her about them.Sad

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Hugs to your daughter bless her!

I came home with 24 bites possibly from a flea of some kind as the bites appeared to be of that nature as apposed to mossie...only today, a week later, have they finally stopped itching:cry:

What was really annoying is that both me and my mate had avoided being biten until the very last day...the repellent we had worked wonderfully...but on the last day some little critter wasn't afraid anymore and attacked us...be warned all those who camp in Long Island!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2006, 08:49 PM
http://www.skincell.org/

Sorry to hear about your daughter, I don't know if there is anything on this site that will help you with something to relieve the irritation.
08-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Coastie Wrote:Hugs to your daughter bless her!

I came home with 24 bites possibly from a flea of some kind as the bites appeared to be of that nature as apposed to mossie...only today, a week later, have they finally stopped itching:cry:

What was really annoying is that both me and my mate had avoided being biten until the very last day...the repellent we had worked wonderfully...but on the last day some little critter wasn't afraid anymore and attacked us...be warned all those who camp in Long Island!

That sucks Coastie, hope your bites have gone.

Benjamin Disraeli

08-06-2006, 08:35 AM
mazwad Wrote:http://www.skincell.org/

Sorry to hear about your daughter, I don't know if there is anything on this site that will help you with something to relieve the irritation.

Thanks Maz xSmile

Benjamin Disraeli

08-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I suggest she tells the teachers who are going and tells as many of her friends as possible (boys too if there are) that she has a virus not fungal reaction and that it's not contagious and that it'll all clear up. I suggest this otherwise she'll get teasing/snide comments about the pox etc.

Kids can be sooooo crule about this stuff and if she gets to the subject first it takes the wind out of their sails. Fortunately the rash doesn't look like acne so that should not be an issue.

Don't forget that tea tree oils help soothe itching so she might want to put some TT products in her toiletries (may not be strong enough but should help)

Also, have you thought of investigating Chinese Medicine. It's supposed to be really good for skin related stuff (yes I know the word - dermatological)
08-06-2006, 07:17 PM
bridge Wrote:That sucks Coastie, hope your bites have gone.

The last one stopped itching today!

Hows your daughter? Would camomile lotion work in this instance? I mean I know it isn't the pox but hey any port in a storm!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2006, 05:33 AM
bridge do y'all have Benadryl (diphenhydryl) cream over there?? It's over the counter and RELIEF in a tube!! They even have sprays. See if your pharmacy/chemist carries it. And oral Benedryl works but makes me sleepy and ill so she might could take that at night when it's really bad itchy.

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
11-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Hello Bridge and Coastie,

Oh bless, hope your daughters skin problem heals soon. Slipper is right tea tree oil is very good. But it must never be used neat. Two or three drops of the pure oil can be used in a bath dispersed in the water prior to bathing. It works as a natural antiseptic. Other than that it does feature in a lot of Holland and Barratt natural medicines or treatments for body and scalp.

Coastie I hope all your bites are not itchy or infected from your Long Island camping spell and nothing more untoward results from having been bitten.

Maureen
Northern angel.:wub: :wub:

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
12-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Slipper, Coastie, Msgirl, Northern.

Whilst in Somerset the children are'nt allowed to phone home it's something to do with the fact they might get homesick and want to come home.

So i am hoping she has'nt developed any more spots, the Doctor gave her a cream to use which i gave to her teacher (who i had a hard time convincing the spots wer'ent contagious! )

I was a little miffed because i would never bring my daughter back to school if her spots were catching, give me some credit. i had already had a stressful morning and i could have done without my daughter's teacher doubting me.

Coastie glad your better and thanks Girls for the advice.Smile

Benjamin Disraeli