Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoty
13-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Spoty

So did the right Sports Personallity win??

Given the options left to vote against - probably but as was said by Crammy on the fighting talk show.....look at previous winners!!!

Mansell
Steve Davis
Greg Rusedski
David Beckham
Steve Ovett
Seb Coe
Fatima Whitbread
Steve Cram (yes...he included himself)
Nick Faldo

Spot the personality there..

Shouldn't it be called Sporting Achiever Of The Year??

editted to add....

There have been some...Daley, Botham, McGuigan etc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Spoty
I only remember the traversty of the year when Lennox Lewis won. What a complete nonsense that was. For both personality and sporting achievement it should have been Colin Jackson's year.

Like most telephone competitions it is open to friends and family voting endlessly for the same person.

I have to say that Kelly for me was the SPOTY for 2004, but you're probably right Slipper it should be more for sporting achievement than personality.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Spoty
You forgot Red Rum Slip.....mind you he really did have a personality! :laugh:

Didn't Damon Hill win it one year? Sorry but he didn't win anything that year and he has the personality of a Gnat having just undergone electrotherapy! :angry:

I love Kelly Holmes...at least she's real and wow two golds at the summer Olympics...nuff said..she's fab!

On the line of achievemnet...Carl Foggerty won the super bikes championship for a couple of years running (at least) and never won it...in fact I think he was up for the award the year Boring Hill won it!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user