Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
06-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux

Some of you know about my non-holiday to Sri Lanka last year - when the trip was cancelled because of the Tsunami.

Hopefully I'm going to get there at last......

I've applied to go for two weeks with a charity to help out with their project for extending/doing up an overcrowded orphanage. I'll be going with a group of volunteers and we'll help out where we can with the building, painting, looking after the children etc.
Because of work Mr M can't go with me, but if I am accepted I'll be meeting up with the rest of the group in a couple of weeks so at least I'll have met all the others.

I posted off my application and deposit last night - so please keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll be accepted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
I have everything crossed you get accepted Mink! :hug:

It sounds like a fabulous opportunity, not only going to Sri Lanka but to do some good work as well....
06-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
Oooh Minklemar, that sounds fab.
Getting out there and doing some great work for the locals, good on ya :thumbsup:
I hope you get it, and I'm sure you'll meet some great friends on the journey as well.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
Good for you Mink, what an experience it will be for you. Be prepared to get very emotional. I hope you get it, I'll keep my fingers & toes crossed for you!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
06-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
Thanks Ladies!

I've already been a bit emotional!! I was reading the info I have out loud to Mr M last night (he can read for himself usually - but he was in the bath and I didn't want my paperwork getting soggy) and I got a bit choked up! If I'm like that now imagine what I'll be like when I get there.
06-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
Good Luck Minklemar....I have no doubt that that would be an amazing and eye-opening experience. You'll of course have to tell us all about it when you get back.
06-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
Sounds brilliant Mink. My sister did a similar thing in India and says it's the best experience of her life so far.
Good luck!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
06-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
Oh stinky!! [do they know your name is stinky??] like pj says this will be an experience most of us will never encounter and one that is more than worthwhile - this is wonderful and I am keeping everyting crossed that you are accepted, what a perfectly altruistic venture - love you!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

06-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
Really hope you get it, Minky. Sounds like a fantastic opportunity. Well done for even applying!
06-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Sri Lanka - Part Deux
Good luck Mink - not only will you be getting a holiday but you'll be making a difference.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SOMBA Tale 2006 - Be part of it! Coastie 110 4,988 05-03-2006 05:34 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Would you prefer to see the back of Woodstock on this forum - Self Indulgence Part II Woodstock 169 4,752 16-03-2005 05:28 PM
Last Post: PJ
  take part plz!! kookycat 9 808 25-01-2005 09:37 AM
Last Post: Coastie