Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standing your ground.
04-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Standing your ground.

Do you do it in real life?

I do. I did!

recently I was quite forceful after some snotty cow pinched my parking space which I was lining up to reverse in to (she knew I was too!). Anyway I got out of my car and marched over asking her quite politely if she hadn't realised I was going to reverse into the spot. She foolishly denid it! I pursed my lips and letting out a whoosh of disbelieving air and told her she knew fool well I was going to park there and that she was wrong to have nipped in and very rude, VERY RUDE I shouted as I walked away ... I didn't expect the snotty cow to move but I wasn't going to let her think she'd got away with something ... she took her some time before she got out of her car to go and get her parking ticket, I can tell you!

but boy did it feel good to let her know that she was wrong ... she was wasn't she?!

Also i recently spoke to one of women I work with who NEVER makes a cup of tea but ALWAYS accepts when she's offered one ... I told her, I did, I told her that she NEVER makes a cup of tea but ALWAYS accepts when she's offered one ... and do you know what ... she hasn't drank or made a cup of tea since!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Standing your ground.
Dol that poor woman could die of dehydration now and it'll all be your fault!

I wish I could be more assertive :bag: .

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Standing your ground.
Is it safe to come out yet?

I'm scared
04-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Standing your ground.
floopy Wrote:Dol that poor woman could die of dehydration now and it'll all be your fault!

I wish I could be more assertive :bag: .

that's the word I was looking for, for the title! d'oh ... :kid:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
04-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Standing your ground.
Good for you Dol

Is she now a dehydrated shrivelled heap in the corner? Big Grin
04-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Standing your ground.
Slipper Wrote:Is it safe to come out yet?

I'm scared

I knew i recognised those stilletoes and shapely calves!

04-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Standing your ground.
Good for you Dolores, I find it really hard to do that sort of thing, but on the occasions I do I always feel really good afterwards... bet the silly mare will be feeling bad about it all day now while you get to feel all good and powerful. That'll learn her Big Grin
04-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Standing your ground.
I used to find it hard, no really I did, but then I found that by not speaking up I made myself sick by getting all angst-ridden over something petty. So one day I just said sorry, no, to someone and it all just snowballed.

You just need to empower yourself once or twice to realise that you don't die and you get smacked in the mouth for stating your case in a reasoned manner.

Bollox to potplants
04-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Standing your ground.
I'm not that great at standing my ground and speaking up, but I am getting better especially since I had the kids.

Like Floops I used to get myself all worked up and ill over things, and then once I had spoken up the first time, I felt much better.
04-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Standing your ground.
Absolutely Buzz, children make you much more assertive. I'd never take anything back if it was for me, but if there was something wrong with something I'd bought for either of the kids I'd be marching it back like a shot :pimp:

Bollox to potplants

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Standing Testament To Nature And Time. Northern angel 21 2,585 12-02-2006 08:20 PM
Last Post: Northern angel