Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve - did he deserve the Osbourne slating?
12-12-2004, 09:43 AM

First off let me say I'm glad Steve won, mainly cos he threw it back at the Leprachuan and the Tart big style, but deep deep down I'm wondering if maybe Sharon was just a teensy teensy bit right in what she said. ...not that I give too much of a damn, but it is an interesting train of thought!

I would like to people to offer up evidence in favour of or against Steve being arrogant and fake!

In favour of being arrogant and fake - he didn't seem to have any rapport with any other contestants in the slightest did he?! Also the "perfectly sane and calm" Rowetta (mad bad cow!) never liked him and was very vocal in her anti Steveism from the beginning.

Any other offerings?!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2004, 09:49 AM
I think that Sharon just can't handle the fact that he usually manages to keep his emotions in check, so she considers that fake.
12-12-2004, 09:55 AM
maxine Wrote:I think that Sharon just can't handle the fact that he usually manages to keep his emotions in check, so she considers that fake.

In check?!?! He is constantly on the verge of blubbing! In fact one of the things that makes Steve exciting to watch (if that's not too stronger word!) is that you always feel that he is going to get emotional and either stop singing or break down - like he did on Against All Odds at the end - I like bit of spontanaeity!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
12-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Dolores Wrote:In check?!?! He is constantly on the verge of blubbing! In fact one of the things that makes Steve exciting to watch (if that's not too stronger word!) is that you always feel that he is going to get emotional and either stop singing or break down - like he did on Against All Odds at the end - I like bit of spontanaeity!

I was really talking about what he's like when he's not singing. Apart from last night he hasn't exactly been whooping with delight when he gets through.
12-12-2004, 11:00 AM
:angry: That slating was not inpromptu....The venom with which it was delivered was well rehearsed...particularly after a good performance.....I feel a hidden agenda there and Steve was the scapegoat......No doubt the bigger picture will be spelt out to us via some tabloid/magazine article which will earn the Sad Out of Date "diva" some bucks to pay her next cosmetic surgery bill. Madam Osborne's personality has proved to be fake thru out this show...If she is so perceptive and thinks Steve outwitted even Simon, why did she put him thru in the first place..........As for Louis's comment that he preferred Westlife's version...wake up and smell the coffe Louis...that was nothing else than clutching at straws trying to put Steve/Simon down because you couldn't think of anything else to say. Louis and Sharon appeared both like total fools last nite and I hope that memory stays around a long time.....Sharon pls go back to being the down trodden wife of a nutter and mother to a bunch of reprobates..........You've played the part well we can now see who their role model has been........Loius...Go back to wherever slime bags go............. :bye:
Find all posts by this user
12-12-2004, 11:01 AM
The thing is....we viewers are presented with one version of events and we none of us know the reality of what goes on behind the scenes. It could well be that Sharon was perfectly justified, how do we know. She knows the real deal of whats going on behind the scenes and it seems out of character for her to attack someone without justification. One thing about Sharon.. she seems to be a very honest outspoken gal. The alternative to Steve winning would be G4 winning, a four piece operatic group to be managed by Simon Cowell... but hold on... doesnt Simon Cowell already have a four piece operatic group, Il Divo. Now it wouldnt do him any favours to have to take on a second one. This show was Simon Cowell's Brainchild, and there is no way in my opinion at the end stages, he was going to A... LOSE to anyone, and he certainly was not going to take on the management of a replica group to the one he already has. So..... Ms. Osborne may well have vented her fury because of inside knowledge. Part of her outburst to Simon was " you know Steve is going to win anyway". Very telling, I thought.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
12-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Sharon only took this job to get back at Simon for things he said about her family, she said this right at the beginning. None of her rant had anything to do with Steve, she was just being a pain to Simon, which she has stated she would be. She and Louis decided to gang up as well, and Steve was the unfortunate bloke in the middle. She'd have said the same about whichever contestant Simon had been left with.
As for Rowetta not liking Steve, I can't stand the woman myself, so maybe he took a dislike to her trying to dominate every live show with her antics.
Her comments had absolutley nothing to do with his performance which is whar she was supposed to be commenting on.
She's a bit deluded I think, she thinks so many people love her that they'd be thinking how great she spoke her mind, and voted against Steve. I think it worked the other way.
I think Steve did deserve to win, although I don't think any of the contestants have been that great. I certainly wouldn't buy any of their records, but I much preferred his voice and choice of songs, to the operatic twitterings of G4 with the over-dominance of the blonde one.
Plus their constant signing to vote for them, was really beginning to irritate me.

[Image: FXCD0011.JPG]

Dillon, one of my cats who died on New Years Eve. :sad:
12-12-2004, 11:51 AM
borneobabe Wrote:she seems to be a very honest outspoken gal.

Well, I suppose that's one way of seeing her...

To me she seems like a very dishonest and verbally abusive woman. None of her insinuations have been backed up or even hinted at, as far as I know, by any of Steve's fellow competitors. In fact one of Sharon's babies, Cassie, loves him to bits!

The friction with Rowetta came at the beginning of the boot camp phase, when he commented on her "madness" during their celebration dinner. He wasn't the first, nor the last, to say such a thing - but he obviously caught her in a particularly vulnerable moment. Rowetta forgave him later and they made peace, but that didn't make as good copy as the bust-up so it wasn't covered much by the tabloids.

But none of this is really the issue with Borg Queen. She was there to stop Simon Cowell from winning, and she was willing to employ any and every nasty trick in the book to achieve her objective.
12-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Lyndsay Wrote:I think Steve did deserve to win, although I don't think any of the contestants have been that great. I certainly wouldn't buy any of their records, but I much preferred his voice and choice of songs, to the operatic twitterings of G4 with the over-dominance of the blonde one.
Plus their constant signing to vote for them, was really beginning to irritate me.
Oh yes the signing! what a laugh that was.

and don't get me wrong at the end when the song choice got better i kinda liked G4 (but still find "Hit me baby one more time" crass and unforgettable - probably Louis choice!).

But it does beg the question - why appeal to deaf people to vote for you?!

12-12-2004, 12:23 PM
SHE said thaT because Steve shagged Cassie..... good shag too apparently. sharon was probably just jealous

well dont steve.... you sang brilliantly last night.. a real star.... well done to the Cowell camp as well... what a show

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Steve Booed Off Stage !!! bridge 17 2,438 11-01-2005 11:51 AM
Last Post: jodie rules
  Steve looks like Fred West! sayangmouse 26 3,013 13-12-2004 08:38 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  Steve Supporters Club Coastie 52 4,387 04-12-2004 03:50 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Steve on GMTV/This Morning? surfchick 3 1,051 24-11-2004 11:16 AM
Last Post: surfchick