Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stings
07-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Stings

Yesterday it seems Alyssa got stung by a wasp or bee on her finger. I say it was probably one of those as it has left a puncture mark in the middle. The bottom of her finger and knuckle are swollen and red and she said that it feels numb. Does anyone have any idea what to do? And is it a precurser for her to be allergic to wasps and bees? :unsure:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Stings
I would have thought it was perhaps a stronger than normal reaction to a sting ... but nothing to worry about on her finger. Of course an abnormal swelling in the mouth could be a bit more worrying ... I'd find out from NHS Direct if I were you so that you are prepared the next time.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
07-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Stings
Thanks Dol, I didn't think of NHS direct. I don't ever use them. I just checked their website and it had the information I needed. Thank you very much. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
07-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Stings
tigger767 Wrote:Thanks Dol, I didn't think of NHS direct. I don't ever use them. I just checked their website and it had the information I needed. Thank you very much. Smile

gald to have helped!

I only used them once and that was cos once i accidentally took too many strong pain killers .... d'oh!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Stings
Tigg, I'm allergic to stings and try to be very careful. My oldest got stung when he was 7 and had swelling and stuff. We took him to the doctor b/c of my history and he said he was o.k. BUT that the second sting would be the teller of the tale????? Anyway, he's not had but mild reactions from the few times he's gotten stung. Hubby's that way. Son #2 is also that way. I on the other hand look like a blowfish and have to get antihistimine injections and stay swollen for days!!! It's something to watch closely and over reacting is better than being laizez faire about. :blink: :cry:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Stings
Can I just add something to this thread re Stings?

I heard on the radio tuther day that if you dont have any Sting Relief Cream and you get stung by either a Mozzie (grrrr) on holiday, or a wasp at home - then take an aspirin and mix it with a little water until it becomes a paste and apply to the irritated area. It is supposed to take the swelling down and relieves pain.
Obviously this doesnt work with dissolvable aspirin ... :bored: