Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stranded!
29-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Stranded!

:wallbash:

I'm angry, miserable ****ed off- you name it I am it!

Basically had a minor smash Christmas day, not my fault, but I have no wing mirror and my car is illegal to drive without it. Had hoped to be up in Scotland by now, but I can't get a courtesy car because the other driver isn't cooperating and until he does I can't get a car unless I pay for it.
I should be up in the hills by now, not worrying about driving on icy roads.
I've been on the phone for two days now trying to get this sorted and I'm fed up.
I'm going to sweat out my frustration at the gym and then see if the local garage can do a patch up (but I doubt it)

:wallbash:
I feel annoyed with myself that I didn't have the option on my policy for a car, but if I've ever needed to take my car in they have provided one free, however this garage is not approved by the insurance company so it would take them five days to approve the quote and they aren't going to give me a car unless they are sure they have to job.

Note to self: Don't be a tight **** in future and pay the extra to have a courtesy car added to policy.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Stranded!
Oh Bobski, I am very sorry to hear that. Insurance companies can be a right pain in the **** can't they.

Hope you get it all sorted soon and get to Scotland.
Find all posts by this user
29-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Stranded!
Aww Bob, hope you get it sorted soon and get up to bonnie Scotland soon.

I'm glad we did our travelling yesterday, even though we did drive through some snow, it was definately not as bad as today.

good luck Bobster.

[Image: 429.gif]
29-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Stranded!
Aww, Bobski I am so sorry to hear that, it would have been great to meet up with you again - I hope you get things sorted out with the other driver and have to agree that it is worth that little extra to have a courtesy car on your policy.

It's a shame as the North of Scotland has snow a plenty, so it would have been ideal for you.

Fingers crossed that you get a good result! Big Grin

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
29-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Stranded!
Thanks guys.
Actually as it happens none of the resorts in Scotland are open yet- not enough snow! Still it would have been nice to have been up there. They are anticipating some snow this weekend.
Bella I was so looking forward to meeting up with you again and I spoke to the lovely Flip today and she is a diamond geezette and I was looking forward to catching up with her too.
Maybe I'll just have to wait and when there is dumps of snow have a long weekend.
I'm still not rulling out a trip up north just yet though, see what tomorrow brings. I walked to the nearest gargage today to see if they could help but they are closed! There is another one 5 miles away they weren't answering the phone either so I left a desperate messgae for any old mirror for my car to be fitted.
On the brighter side Mr Bob is arriving in about an hour to put some festive fire in me, so we'll huddle beneath my little tree and be all romantic.
It could be a lot worse, no point geting too mad about it.
When I was at the gym today I ran for miles to get it all off my chest and twisted my ankle :wacko: but it seems ok now, at the time i was thinking this really is the worst week of my life.
Which reminds me- that programme is on tonight mustn't forget to tape it.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
29-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Stranded!
:hug: Bob :hug:

Ruddy annoying it all is and I pray it will all be sorted soon so you can enjoy the rest of you break!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
29-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Stranded!
What a bummer Bob :ranting:

I hope you had a good time with Mr Bob and you get your car sorted out soon! :hug:
30-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Stranded!
Bob Wrote:On the brighter side Mr Bob is arriving in about an hour to put some festive fire in me, so we'll huddle beneath my little tree and be all romantic.

Good, I hope the fire was hot, toasty and lasted all night long!!:fireman:

Have you got an update?

Tell you what put your ski's on and head up the A1, I'll wait at t'other end with some hot soup - there is still plenty of snow there [the A1 not my soup!]!!:laugh:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]