Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sudoku
25-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Sudoku

I have just completed my first puzzle and am looking forward to completing the next.

I heard this was started by the Japanese because the couldn't do crossword puzzles as their characters made it impossible so they designed something with numbers.

Anymore interesting facts or tips?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Sudoku
I love sudoku!
I do the one in the Times everyday (if I get to it first) don't bother with Monday as it's too easy Thursday and Friday are good, more difficult, but I've only managed to complete one Friday puzzle.
cat did you know you can download a free months trial from the sudoku site?
Thats my tip.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
25-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Sudoku
Ooo! Am an addict and do the Mail one every day ha ha

Has anyone got the Sudoko puzzel book? Im thinking of getting it but scared that it will be way too hard!

My Shark Website
[Image: Fin.gif]
____/\___\0/____
25-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Sudoku
Is there a method like aiming to fill certian lines or squares first?
25-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Sudoku
I always fill the most obvious ones first in each large box -by most obvious I mean when you already have two numbers, then move across each line and make a note of the ones that have two options, I never make pencil notes of more than two options or it gets messy. When I think I've exhausted the lines up and down, I look at the large boxes as a whole again and just keep doing that. Soduko website has lots of tips

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
25-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Sudoku
Shark_Attacks Wrote:Has anyone got the Sudoko puzzel book? Im thinking of getting it but scared that it will be way too hard!

Mrs Dab's working her way through one of the puzzle books, Sharky. She says they start off easy and get harder.
25-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Sudoku
Sudoku are in my local paper now as well, and I love them.

Cat there is a thread in the games a riddles section about Sudoku and there is loads of links in there about solving them.

[Image: 429.gif]
25-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Sudoku
Andrea Wrote:Sudoku are in my local paper now as well, and I love them.

Cat there is a thread in the games a riddles section about Sudoku and there is loads of links in there about solving them.

I'm sorry Andrea...would you like to move me then...I don't mind if you do.
25-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Sudoku
La Vorderman was on the Chris Moyles show yesterday. She has a book of these puzzles out, with all different levels. I'll give it a try, when I can be arsed. Do like a puzzle.
Find all posts by this user
25-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Sudoku
Cat Wrote:I'm sorry Andrea...would you like to move me then...I don't mind if you do.

No Cat, I would never want to move you, I was just merely pointing you in the direction of some excellent links to helpful sites in the solving of the said puzzles Smile

[Image: 429.gif]