Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer fashions
30-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Summer fashions

I'm not a follower of fashion but if smething is "in" and I like it and it looks good then I'll buy it.
But I hate it when something as normal and simple as shorts are banished from the shops just becasue they are not in fashion
I can't find any. :sad:
I keep thinking that I've spotted a whole radck only to find that it's a skirt! Tiny denim skirts are in this year and only suitable for those with amaxing legs and those under 30. I'd look hideous in one.
Also belts, you can't buy an nice simple belt anymore, they all have to be massive buckles and jewels all over and glitter and spangly bits.
I have bought some nice belts with the big extras as they're really ncie, but where is the choice?

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Summer fashions
I know what you mean Bob. I've found shorts but they are all nearly knee length on me and make me look like "the Krankies". I like short shorts which make my legs look longer. I bought a couple of pairs in B-wise in desperation and at £10 a pair I didn't think they were particularly good and don't suit me much.

I have some really nice ones that I've had for at least 10 years (just shows how much summer we get doesn't it) which are nice and short, pretty pastel colours (Navy, White and Khaki seems to be the only choice this year) and I'm still wearing them because they just look better on me even though they're getting past their best.

Matalan have loads too, if you want really mini, mini ones (hipsters) but no good with my figure Sad This being a seaside Town, you would think there would be more choice. I suppose if you're a teenager and anorexic looking there is plenty of choice. Sad
30-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Summer fashions
I agree it is difficult to buy the basic items that aren't high fashion and I find that most things are either too young for me or too old fashioned. I actually buy my basic items from catalogues now and some of my fashion items as well. Less traipsing around the shops and you can try them on in the comfort of your own home.
30-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Summer fashions
I bought a nice pair from Matalan I think it was before I went to Malta cos I was having the same problem but they cost about £10, I wore them twice & they're now in the drawer.

I'm having a problem with decent jeans at the mo.........size 16 swims on me now (result!!) but 14 is too small cos they are all hip things...........I have to buy size 14 & a big top to hide the overspill!

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
30-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Summer fashions
Bob - how true is this. But what I did was I trawled through the charity shops, I did find some lovely shorts - sadly not my size. But I did find a fabby Kenzo vest top for 3 quid.

I find the British Heart Foundation the best one, closely followed by Oxfam.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

30-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Summer fashions
if you are looking for plain normal shorts then topshop do them!! they do them every year because they are basic and always sell and at £6 a go you cant go wrong!! they also do other shorts, we had combat style ones and jersey material ones with patterns on them!

see if you ever have a fashion dilemma i will come up trumps usually!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: egg03061.gif]
30-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Summer fashions
jaycee Wrote:size 16 swims on me now (result!!) but 14 is too small cos they are all hip things...........I have to buy size 14 & a big top to hide the overspill!

Hehe, I always have to hide the overspill:w00t:

Kookycat Wrote:if you are looking for plain normal shorts then topshop do them!! they do them every year because they are basic and always sell and at £6 a go you cant go wrong!! they also do other shorts, we had combat style ones and jersey material ones with patterns on them!

But don't Topshop only go up to a size 6:wink2:

[Image: 429.gif]
30-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Summer fashions
Andrea Wrote:Hehe, I always have to hide the overspill:w00t:

But don't Topshop only go up to a size 6:wink2:
As Victoria Wood says, "The only thing in Top Shop that fits me are the fitting room curtains...."

Anyone tried New Look - there are some nice normal shorts in there.
31-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Summer fashions
Thanks guys I'll give top shop and new look a go next time I go into town.
I bought some jeans from new look which are hipster but they are stretch and so comfy, but oh my what an overspill! I won't be wering tight little tops with them lets just leave it at that!

I really wanted denim shorts as you can wear them to death before they need washing and I could dress them up with some funky stuff.

Tesco do some but they are realy long and awful.
Talking of tesco can anyone who visits tesco this week tell me if the black bikini bottoms for sale at £2 are available in anything other than size 12 and size 20
Cos I don't believe them when they say that they have just sold out of all the other sizes, my sis in law went into her local tesco and they too only had size 12 and 22.
Mission for you all :naughty:

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
31-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Summer fashions
best be quick bob!! because in the fashion world the summer season is drawing to a close and shorts are few and far between. in my shop there is only a handful of sizes and colours left!! and soon they will be gotten rid off in the sale, as most of the spring summer stock is on sale.

OI topshop do up to a size 16! but i know what you mean, when we get things in we usually get 10 size 8's,10's,12's and 2 size 14's,16's. exaggerating a wee bit but you get the idea.

oh and we do have some short denim shorts!! most of it sold out though! the only ones left in my shop are horrid, hot pants style with holes and frayed bits. also still h ave loads of white denim shorts that come with a beaded raffia belt.

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: egg03061.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kids and their Summer Hols. bridge 28 2,270 03-08-2006 09:30 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Summer Solstice Aondeag 4 585 23-06-2006 03:43 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  Summer Slap and Tickle Bonsai 18 1,242 21-06-2005 03:13 PM