Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Size Me
28-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Super Size Me

****** MOVIE CHOICE ********

Ever wondered what would happen to you if you ate nothing but MacDonald's food for a month? Watch this movie at 9pm Ch4 tonight and find out.

***** SF'S ONE TO WATCH *****

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Super Size Me
Im going to be recording this tonight. Its the sort of movie that would interest me.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Super Size Me
Well that's tonights "intensive studying for exams" out the window then.
I'll certainly be tuining into this.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
28-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Super Size Me
I'll record it whilst getting my ER fix.
Find all posts by this user
28-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Super Size Me
oooh, I meant to tape this one, but ugh McDonalds for a month, didn't the guy almost die? :sick:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
29-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Super Size Me
I can't believe it. I knew this was on and I was going out. All set to tape it, only to damn well forget.:mad2:

[Image: 429.gif]
01-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Super Size Me
I haven't eaten a Mc D's in yonks (never been a big fan...would rather have a tuna sandwich) but have a friend who is a big fan watched the film and said she has now gone off Mc D's completely! :laugh:

Excellent documentary!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
01-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Super Size Me
Since reading Fast Food by Eric Schlosser - not one member of my family have graced the doors of McDonalds - this was more from a moral standpoint than a nutrional one.

But me Voicey and Mr V sat watching this on Thursday night - and it made me feel physically ill.

You could see the general deterioration in Morgan's health as the programme went on, in fact at about day 3 or 4 his pallour was somewhat suspect.

What amazed me were the doctor's reactions - I really didn't think, by their attitude initially, that they thought his bloods and vital signs would be so affected.

But, as you know if you saw it, that they were hideously affected to the point of mega danger.

This film only higlighted my resolve to go no where near a fast food eatery ever again. Thankfully my children listen to me and willl do likewise.

When I was at school, a rumour circulated that McDonalds gave 1p to the IRA for every Big Mac sold!! I doubt that this was true - but quite honestly the way they run their business and the way in which they market their food, and the food itself is in no way any better than that rumour - people still die through their expansion and their monetary aims.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

01-05-2005, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2005 01:40 PM by Dolores.)
Super Size Me
I forgot to watch this.

But in McD's defence surely anyone knows that eating any kind of junk food and nothing else for a whole month wouldn't be good for you ... or your wallet!
I quite like the odd McDonald's from time to time and my son likes them too, most kids do, but we don't eat them all the time!

There are so many things in this day and age that if we knew the philosophy behind their manufacture and what they were made out of and how the indiginous workforce is exploited we wouldn't eat, wear or follow.

A few that come to mind are Nike, GAP, McDonalds, Wallmart (Asdas) .... the list is endless and it must be tiresome in today's modern society to keep driving round and round and round looking for those products which echoes ones own beliefs. To say nothing of the petrol fumes being released into the atmosphere.

I'm standing up for people that chose the "wrong" product because they don't have all information, can't always afford the higher price for organic products, and don't have a car or the time to go on long trips to "eco-friendly" shops! VOTE FOR ME ON THURSDAY!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Super Size Me
I'm with you on this Dol, a little of what you fancy does you no harm at all, it is only when you over do it, it becomes a problem.

I occasionally eat Mcdonalds and so do my kids, so they are not obsessive about it, although I do know of one of my youngest sons friends who will eat one when ever he can (now he has a paper round and his own money) because his parents would never let him have one as a child 'because they were bad for him'. To be honest they have done him no favours at all because now he is always eating them. I suppose it is a bit like if you give children alcohol in a controlled enviroment when they are growing up hopefully they are less likely to go mad on it when they are teenagers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Super size She MariaRob 11 1,992 13-10-2005 08:39 AM
Last Post: IsLe Of WeAtHeR