Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SuperNanny (new series)
18-08-2005, 08:46 AM
SuperNanny (new series)

Did anyone watch this last night?

God in heaven above ! It featured three little girls aged 9, 6 and 4 - with the nine year old Megan being the one that caused the most problems. The child was an absolute monster. Vileness personified. She was incredibly intelligent and articulate, obviously ran rings around her totally ineffectual and irritating parents, kept calling SuperNanny a b!tch, bit her, clawed her, punched and slapped her........... even Supernanny started looking as if she had wandered onto the set of The Exorcist !!

Eventually the parents regained some control and all was well (ish), but to be honest I bet if Supernanny did a return trip in six months, she would find Megan back in charge, slapping her sisters, screeching at her mother and treating everyone with a great deal of disrespect.

I know forum members with children will probably think Im awful, but I really, really dont want kids. If it turned out like Megan, Id pack my bags and run off !!!!!!!!! :blink:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2005, 09:04 AM
SuperNanny (new series)
Pan, you're not awful! Some people want kids, some don't and I don't think it's something that you should be forced into doing or that you should just have a kid because society says so.

I didn't watch Supernanny last night but saw enough on the clips to see what a horrible child Megan was. I didn't see the programme as I say but surely the parents were at some fault there, children at that age don't behave like that for no reason. To me, it seems that there were no boundaries or control early on in this child's life and if you don't have them or have some kind of rules then this is what will happen!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
18-08-2005, 09:30 AM
SuperNanny (new series)
I don't think you are awful either Pan. I love my children but there have been times that I have wondered why I ever had children and can fully understand why others may not want them.

I don't watch this programme so I can't comment on it but quite often it is the lack of control early on that causes problems as the children get older. Obviously this is not always the case as you will find in some families that one child is out of control where the others are well behaved!
18-08-2005, 09:35 AM
SuperNanny (new series)
I love watching these programs as it makes me even more determined not to have children. At least with animals you can shut them out in the garden and get some peace !!!

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
18-08-2005, 11:24 AM
SuperNanny (new series)
I didn't see this program last night but I have watched a lot of them in the past.

Does everyone subscribe to the theory that there are no bad children, only bad parents/parenting?

Are some children just born with a "naughty" streak or do they all start off on a level pegging and their behaviour is a reflection of the parenting?

It's that old thing about nature or nurture isn't it?

We could all probably give examples of our children being different in temperament but was that because of the circumstances, i.e. being the eldest, the middle or the youngest child? Fascinating subject.
18-08-2005, 11:35 AM
SuperNanny (new series)
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I don't watch this programme so I can't comment on it but quite often it is the lack of control early on that causes problems as the children get older. Obviously this is not always the case as you will find in some families that one child is out of control where the others are well behaved!

Actually, that is a very good point! My sister has two children, a girl aged 11 and a 4 year old boy. My neice never caused any problems and was a delight to go and see or have overnight wheras my nephew is a nightmare! He is the character Kevin, only 10 times worse! I hate going out with them as he always causes a scene when he doesn't get his own way, he constantly hits & punches his sister and is out of control. I don't their parenting has been any different, but maybe that my neice was just good to begin with so no control or restraints were neceessary wheras my nephew is off the scale and they are just at a loss as to what to do! btw - he HATES me, I am probably labelled the Evil Auntie! :devil:

Good point, Critique about where you are in the family, I am sure that might have something to do with it.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
18-08-2005, 12:19 PM
SuperNanny (new series)
Bonsai Wrote:At least with animals you can shut them out in the garden and get some peace !!!

Your not supposed to do this with children?!?! :bag:

And Pan, don't feel bad. If I'd watched this program before I had kids, then I'd feel the same.
I did watch last nights show, and the older Megan was unbelievable.
And I think it does come down to how the parents discipline their kids.
If they don't have regular boundaries, the kids just take everything for granted.

But don't you think that Megan was just copying her mum's behaviour.
She was a little mini me.

[Image: 429.gif]
18-08-2005, 01:30 PM
SuperNanny (new series)
Oh my I watched this last night and she was an abolute dream child wasn't she! NOT!!!

What a little cow.

I know all children are different, but I do believe there was a comlete lack of disipline and boundaries for all those girls - and yet the two smaller ones didn't seem quite as bad (mind you they feature as heavily as Megan).

I have three boys - all VERY different, they react to me in very different ways, but all get the same treatment/warnings/threats of violence and ultimate death, if they misbehave.

It is all down to effective discipline when they are little I think....
Find all posts by this user
18-08-2005, 01:39 PM
SuperNanny (new series)
OMG I cant watch it - my hand itches to slap the child and the ineffectual muppets that are their parents!!!! Children need some sort of discipline and they need a routine that must be kept to - for them as well as your OWN sanity!!

Im with you all the way Pan - keep watching and never do the deed yourself, cos from being a step mum, I can tell you, it DOESNT get easier as they get older....

you get to the point where the little darlings will expect you to treat them like an adult (because they are nearly 17 and nearly 19) yet they soon regress to childish behaviour when it comes to cleaning their rooms, doing their washing (they have more blummin time on their hands than we do!) and earning their OWN cash - thankfully Miss Jade is a little more mature than her 18 year old brother and actually earns now - HE was supposed to start work 2 weeks ago and the stupid boy fell over drunk and broke his arm :angry:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
18-08-2005, 03:28 PM
SuperNanny (new series)
Oooh Im glad you dont think Im awful..

Supernanny did actually say that the Mother lost her temper too quickly and was also really inconsistent. She would threaten to carry out punishment once the children got home, but then would do nothing. Little wonder they were out of control.

I was intrigued by Crit's post. My sister has three girls and has never had any problems with the eldest or youngest, but the middle girl is insecure and attention seeking (believe me, its being nipped in the bud as we speak), but hasnt been brought up any differently. Maybe its a personality thing, something psychological being the "middle" child maybe??

Going back to Megan last night though, she really had to be seen to be believed. The child was vile. It was good to see some improvement and the family actually being able to enjoy a trip out without the fear of being shown up.... but do you know what I mean when I say certain kids have that "look" in their eye???
Megan has that look............ :unsure:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hells Kitchen USA (New Series) Coastie 29 4,668 13-11-2006 08:26 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Beyond Boundaries - Series 2 BBC2 at 9pm Sundays Dolores 12 2,410 25-10-2006 12:24 PM
Last Post: Minklemar
  New series of Castaway to be set on "exotic" island... Dolores 11 2,247 24-10-2006 05:55 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Apprentice USA - new series? survivorfan 14 2,492 23-10-2006 09:55 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  Extras - Series 2 (Thursday, 9pm, BBC2) PJ 33 3,541 15-10-2006 10:05 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  Next Series of The Apprentice Groucho 8 1,813 06-10-2006 07:21 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  New series of Come Dine With Me Critique 6 1,111 29-07-2006 08:01 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Without A Trace - Series 3 Coastie 31 2,933 18-07-2006 09:34 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Girls, new series of Britain's next top model starts................. bridge 2 843 03-07-2006 06:09 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Supernanny gatubela 3 647 01-05-2006 02:35 PM
Last Post: gatubela