Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweating
27-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Sweating

OK guys, i have never mentioned this to anyone .... but im so chuffed i thought i would confess all.

I have suffered for the last 22 years with excessive sweating under my arms .... phew, its like alcoholics anonymous :shocking:

It started when i was 10 and hit an 'early' puberty. It has made my life miserable. I will only wear black and i have always wanted to smell / be as fresh as a daisy all day. I get up, have a shower, have tried every deodrant on the market and still nothing worked. The only time i was 'dry' would be at home ... but as soon as i came to work i sweated. It doesnt matter if im cold in the office - i would still sweat day in, day out.

I would reapply deo / anti persprant throughout the day, and dreaded summer as i was at my worst - and by the time i got home i would smell acrid around my underarms. Every top i have ever bought got wrecked after a few washes as the smell wouldnt come out of them. Every bra stinks around the underarms. Basically, its been hell.

I tried Driclor a few times over the years ... but it burnt the skin off my underarms and i bled for days.

BUT i have discovered a fabulous product (which i cant remember what its called) but its milder than Driclor and blummin brilliant. You apply it when you go to bed .... wake up in the morning and shower as normal .... and use normal deodrant.

Yesterday for the first time in 22 years i stayed dry all day - and i was under a lot of pressure yesterday at work. I went home still smelling of my anti persperant i applied that morning. My tops didnt smell - and i felt HAPPY.

I know this is an icky subject - but its something that has caused me misery, but it looks like things are on the up.

Ill shut up now Blush

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Sweating
I posted this ... then tried to delete it again as i thought it was too icky - but it wont let me *stamps foot*.

Sorry guys.

27-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Sweating
Great news Bons...that's an important thing for us layyddeeezzz, to be fresh and lovely. I have days when I'm busy at work and a little on the nervous side and I will sweat from my neck all the way to my waist, my whole back. And my bras are definetly changed and washed each day, I only wear cotton bras and panties. No NYLON. I use Suave 24 hour anti/deo baby powder scent...have used this since I was 12 in all it's incarnations...don't have a problem with under arm odor...but I constantly worry with how much I can sweat. Like you, I don't really sweat at home unless involved in vigorous activities but it is embarrassing. Hubby says I do put on at least a 1/2" layer of deo so I have nothing to worry about :w00t: , but I say better covered than stinky!![Image: badtaste (11).gif]

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
27-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Sweating
Actually I suffer with really smelly feet - a trait inherited from my father - no matter how I wash them, wear leather shoes etc etc they always pong. Bit embarrasing really - dont know if you have any suggestions on how to keep them sweet - apart from having an operation of course. :sun:
27-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Sweating
Congratulations Bonnie :good:

Perhaps Haydon should give you a "Driest Member" award??

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
27-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Sweating
Aw, bless Bons. What a horrible thing to have had to put up with all these years.

And the shame......... :shocking:

You know I'm joking, right?
27-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Sweating
Patsy Wrote:You know I'm joking, right?

Bonnie glares at Patsy :glare:

27-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Sweating
Bon, have you tried Biosen Japanese sea minerals deodorant? my sister told me about it because the aluminium in ordinary deodorants are supposedly linked to breast lumps and this product is aluminium free and it smells lush.:good:

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
27-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Sweating
lol! Bonsai Im glad you started this thread! I'm all up for discussing any natural bodily function!

I got in the lift today and gave my arm pits a good sniff cos I'd been running around alot. It reminded me of when me and Smellycat were at school!!! We were very naughty girls so we were kind of a target for teachers to "tame"!!

Anyway we were at the back of the classroom being unruly and sniffing each other's armpits cos we could smell something suspect so were checking out we wren't the culprit. When the teacher bellowed at us that he'd never seen anything so disgusting in all his years of teaching or even when he was in the army as two girls sniffing their armpits!!!!

how we pee'd ourselves laughing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS: I think he'd led a very sheltered life imo!!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
27-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Sweating
Dolores Wrote:Anyway we were at the back of the classroom being unruly and sniffing each other's armpits cos we could smell something suspect so were checking out we wren't the culprit. When the teacher bellowed at us that he'd never seen anything so disgusting in all his years of teaching or even when he was in the army as two girls sniffing their armpits!!!!

..............................:laugh:

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]