Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet dreams ... how do you get yours?
02-10-2006, 09:27 PM

I've recently been suffering a bout of insomnia. i wake up at about 4am and can't back to sleep so I sit reading my book and before i know where I am the alarm has gone off at 6.30am - time to start thinking about getting up.

I'm exhuausted and I blame this disrupted sleep pattern for my recent 72 hour marathon migraine.

I went to the health shop today and got some Valarian - apparently 30 drops in water at bedtime guarantees a good night's sleep - we shall see!

So does anyone else have trouble sleeping? and if so what do you do to aid a restful night sleep?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi Dol

I had this a year or so ago, and mostly I think, looking back, it was just a phase I was going through. Best help I found was doing some exercise before bed (no smutty comments please) then getting into a hot bath with some lavender and rose geranium essential oils in it, then to bed.

It worked, or at least helped quite a bit but my trouble was getting to sleep, not waking early.

Can't hurt to try, good luck
M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
02-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Me, I do.

I usually resort to going wild-eyed to the doc and demanding pharmaceuticals. Zopiclone is the best. Don't be fobbed off with Temazipan, it screws you up.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Without going all herbal on you but chamomile tea and sprinkle a few drops of lavender on a tissue and have by your bedside.

Sweet Dreams!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
02-10-2006, 10:32 PM
I have a "dummy". Well it's really a little radio with earphones. I can't sleep without it - it goes everywhere with me. I hardly ever hear anything but I have to have it on, earphones in my ears and usually in a few minutes I'm out like a light. The beauty is, even if I don't sleep right away, or I wake up in the night, it doesn't bother me because I just listen to the radio til I drop off.

I listen to TalkSport because it's chat shows and phone ins, not sport, at night. Most of it is enough to send anyone to sleep Sleepy
03-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Ive never really had a problem with sleeping - but i find the older i get the less sleep i need.

Years ago i used to fall asleep really early every night in front of the TV. At 9pm i was snoring happily. But i got really annoyed at not having a life. I would work and sleep. I started taking Yariba (sp) in the vein hope of staying awake longer.

Mr.B though suffered from insomnia, so he would be awake watching TV until 3am whilst i slept.

The roles have reversed now though - which is a bummer as a wish we could be in sync. He wants his bed at 9pm and will go to sleep and start snoring almost immediately whereas i could happily stay up until 1am every morning. When i go to bed though i do sleep.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
03-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I get bouts of insomnia roughly once a month so it may be related to the menstruation cycle, but it's a real pain in the fekkin neck - sympathies dol!

I wind meself up to high doh worrying about everything and anything, and pace the house with anxiety, finally creshendo-ing with 'OMG - what'll I do when Mum dies, what if my sis has another brain haemmorage, what if I'm next to have a stroke in my family'.. et al.......

Eric has awoken at various times to see me wide eyed and gibbering ....

not that there's anything strange about that.:bag:

bam bam
03-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I am staying in a hotel at the moment and there is a ruddy clock that bongs once on the half hour and then whatever the number of chimes to mark the hour...it runs through the night and it's driving me potty as it wakes me up...constantly! :wallbash:

If I have to stay here another night me and the lads have decided to get a bit pickled and then climb the tower and nick the donger! :w00t:

It always takes me an hour at least to fall asleep but then I am generally gone for 8hrs...although recently I have been waking earlier and earlier...maybe it's something in then local water supply Dol! :shocking:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
03-10-2006, 01:14 PM
I used to suffer from insommnia quite badly and would get next to no sleep, then things improved and now they're bad again, not because of insomnia but because Small keeps crying and the walls in this house are so thin even if it's just a teeny cry that lasts for seconds I wake up. I really need a good nights sleep!
03-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Dolores Wrote:I've recently been suffering a bout of insomnia. i wake up at about 4am and can't back to sleep so I sit reading my book and before i know where I am the alarm has gone off at 6.30am - time to start thinking about getting up.
Wanna babysit my kids for me? :w00t:

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Isis...our sweet lady of many sorrows msgirl 1 493 23-08-2006 04:14 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  Home sweet Home. bridge 10 1,303 19-08-2006 06:49 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Dreams..your own interpritation. Cat 15 1,339 18-05-2006 08:41 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Premonitions and dreams Flip 46 2,732 05-04-2006 04:05 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  What's your favourite chocolate bar/sweet? Voice of reason 24 1,270 09-03-2005 03:52 AM
Last Post: tonee
  Do you have any recurring dreams/nightmares Critique 51 3,065 25-02-2005 09:44 AM
Last Post: survivorfan