Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synchronicity
12-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Synchronicity

I dont know if any of you are familiar with Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity? It is about 'meaningful coincidences' that occur in our lives if we pay attention. Last night, I was cooking a meal that I havent made since my good NZ friends left the country. I was remembering how much we laughed together, eating and drinking and this morning I was woken up by their call. Other coincidences are about bumping into the same person all over the city, in wildly different place, different times etc etc Do you have any coincidences to share?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2005, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2005 11:31 AM by Woodstock.)
Synchronicity
yes! - yes I do, and I've been meaning to get this off my chest....

Sometimes, when I'm reading a book or usually a newspaper article, I may have the TV on at the same time. Now, at the moment I come to a certain word (and I don't mean "and" or "the"...) such as "confidentiality" or "supreme being" or even "shambolic", the very milisecond that I begin to read the word, the same word is announced on the TV, and I go "whooooa! - wait a f***ing minute!" I'm left gobsmacked and wondering if there are other forces at work - there has to be. This hasn't just occurred a handful of times. It happens with regularity and I find it rather disturbing. Most of the time it occurs with quite/very complex words, and each time it happens my heart skips a beat....

It's all very spooky for poor old fluffy-brain..... could it be a series of words forming a whole message sent to me from the other side?? - or is it alien beings transmitting their influences on my joint reading and listening habits??

I'm honestly not kidding here. It happens so often it scares the bejesus out of me.....:shocking:

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
12-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Synchronicity
Woodstock Wrote:yes! - yes I do, and I've been meaning to get this off my chest....

It's all very spooky for poor old fluffy-brain..... could it be a series of words forming a whole message sent to me from the other side?? - or is it alien beings transmitting their influences on my joint reading and listening habits??

I'm honestly not kidding here. It happens so often it scares the bejesus out of me.....:shocking:

Well only my opinion here but nothing to be scared about here. If you imagine that you have invisible antennae attached to your head ie heighted sensitivity, perception, intuition then when you are relaxing (in particular) this antennae is still working away....so sometimes I can finish the sentence of others on tv to the shock of people around me. It is a form of psychic ability (and I don't mean hocus pocus). Our man Mr Jung was very informative about this. So in my opinion, that ability in you ie heightened perception could be exercised ....and I would say that you notice your ability to know in other situations.....my thoughts anyway
12-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Synchronicity
Back in the mid-70s I went on a skiing trip to Andorra, and on my last night met a Canadian couple who were staying at the same hotel.

A few weeks later I went with a friend to a late night showing of 'The Man Who Fell to Earth' in the West End. We called into a pub beforehand, and were sitting at a table when someone said "can we sit here?" It was the Canadian couple. We were all surprised, and even more so when they said they were going to see the same movie.

Two months later I went to a horse race meet at Royal Ascot. ON the way out I was in the middle of a thick crowd pouring out of the gates - and who should I be rubbing shoulders with but the same couple.

I never saw them again after that.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
12-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Synchronicity
...you see now?? - there are strange forces at large......

12-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Synchronicity
SF - I wonder about coincidences like this. Is it marking something for you? Is itan assurance that you are on the right track, at one with your surroundings. There are a lot of different perspectives on this (psychology/shamanism/new age/etc) and I find it all quite interesting.
12-02-2005, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2005 11:36 AM by survivorfan.)
Synchronicity
At the time it simply shocked me, but now, looking back, I think there was a significance to it, that it was 'meant' to happen, that this couple were important in some way. If only I had followed it up at the time, unfortunately now I will never know.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
12-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Synchronicity
tonee Wrote:If you imagine that you have invisible antennae attached to your head ie heighted sensitivity, perception, intuition then when you are relaxing (in particular) this antennae is still working away....so sometimes I can finish the sentence of others on tv to the shock of people around me.

Invisible antennae....I failed to consider that one....no - I'm sticking by my guns and plumping for the old strange-forces-at-large theory - far, far more exciting!

12-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Synchronicity
survivorfan Wrote:At the time it simply shocked me, but now, looking back, I think there was a significance to it, that this couple were important in some way. If only I had followed it up at the time, unfortunately now I will never know.

I am not so sure that this couple were important....the repeated appearance of them I would think is significant and possibly drawing your attention to something....my thoughts
12-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Synchronicity
I don't think there is anything particularly odd about such coincidences.

You only have to consider how many times coincidences DON'T happen to see that.

I think they are just random, chance occurrences, but because they ARE so unusual, our brain remembers them more than all the times when absolutely nothing happened at all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user