Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TPT and Mark (who?)
23-11-2004, 10:28 AM
TPT and Mark (who?)

Hi all, my first post :wave: . Am enjoying reading all the messages. I hope it's not "off Topic" but has anyone seen the ITV2 coverage immediately after IAC. Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and that Mark (whoever he is) cavorting about and making "nudge-nudge" type silly inuendos. What is that all about? TPT looks and sounds even more ridiculous than ever. It's cringe-makingly awful.

I really think they are plumbing the depths with those two - just useless time-wasting when all I really want to do is see into the Jungle.

Well had to get that off my chest - now back to reading all the interesting stuff Smile

I hope I'm doing this right - I'm not so young as I used to be :sad: Be gentle with me Smile
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2004, 10:57 AM
TPT and Mark (who?)
I think the problems is

1. They are going out together
2. Tara has no broadcast skills
3. They don't have a decent brief as to what they are doing
4. They are given too much airtime

Old Mark has some humour and can broadcast but he is hundered by TPT who plays up to her stereo-type. They should have tried not to "try" and be funny like Ant and Dec and go for a more analytical approach.

Dick and DOm may have been a batter bet
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2004, 10:58 AM
TPT and Mark (who?)
isleofweather Wrote:I think the problems is

1. They are going out together

No they arent Huh

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
23-11-2004, 01:14 PM
TPT and Mark (who?)
Hiya Critique:wave: and welcome to SO.

Your thread is fine and definately not off topic. Anything to do with IAC is very welcome here.

As for the tpt and Mark, I don't really watch that show much, mainly for all the reasons you said. I do watch a bit of the live feed though.

Enjoy your time posting here and feel free to take a look at the other parts of SOSmile
23-11-2004, 01:31 PM
TPT and Mark (who?)
Yes, it's like Charlotte Hoborough all over again. Except Tara is slightly more charismatic and doesn't recline on a sofa flicking her hair for the duration of the show. She's still a bit rubbish though.
[/font]
[font=Arial]cheerio!
23-11-2004, 01:55 PM
TPT and Mark (who?)
Hi,

I must confess to a bit of a crush on old Mark, apart from his rugged good looks he makes me laugh so he is OK in my book : )

As far as I know Mark is dating/engaged to someone else so Tara and he are 'just good friends'. I like them together, they are like a couple of big kids and very entertaining IMO.
Find all posts by this user
23-11-2004, 02:27 PM
TPT and Mark (who?)
I can't stand either of them and the show is just so stupid, it just isn't funny at all Sad
23-11-2004, 02:35 PM
TPT and Mark (who?)
I dont think ive ever seen it. I just enjoy watching the main show, not the dribble that happens around it.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
23-11-2004, 03:40 PM
TPT and Mark (who?)
I like it. It's part of the experience for me. It's daft and irreverent, loosely scripted and very hit-and-miss... as you'd expect from anything that relies on TPT's input so much.

It comes into its own for me in the second week, when each night they interview the evictee from the previous night, and give him or her an opportunity to tell bare-faced lies ( :ohmy: I mean, tell their version of events) notwithstanding that we've watched those actual events on telly and all know exactly what happened. Again, the success of these interviews depends on who the evictee is, and on TPT's particular shade of surreality for that day.

But my favourite bit is watching Mark (he's Judith Chalmer's son, you know - nice bloke) trying to keep TPT to within a mile of the script. That's like expecting someone to juggle soot. Smile

Very entertaining sideshow.
23-11-2004, 04:13 PM
TPT and Mark (who?)
dab Wrote:I like it. It's part of the experience for me. It's daft and irreverent, loosely scripted and very hit-and-miss... as you'd expect from anything that relies on TPT's input so much.

It comes into its own for me in the second week, when each night they interview the evictee from the previous night, and give him or her an opportunity to tell bare-faced lies ( :ohmy: I mean, tell their version of events) notwithstanding that we've watched those actual events on telly and all know exactly what happened.

I agree. I do watch this and the second week it does get better. It's just a bit of silly fun. I do like TPT and Mark. Tara I think is perfect for the show. She's fun, loud and full of energy. She doesn't care what people think of her. Ok, so some time she does go compeletely over the top, but at least it's not boring. I am looking forward to the interviews though Smile

Loadsa Squeaky Love,
Katie-Rae
xxx

Joe 2 WIN!

VOTE 4 JOE 09011 32 32 05
TEXT 'JOE' 87654

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mark Bannerman MariaRob 8 2,695 23-11-2007 12:43 PM
Last Post: MariaRob