Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TROJAN help please
15-09-2005, 09:28 PM
TROJAN help please

I have a Trojan that keeps popping up all the time its to do with Adware Aurora. I am completely hopeless at sorting these out so a mate came round to try to help. He tried everything he knew but to no avail. He used the Symantec Adware removal tool and it didn't work.

All my Norton anti virus stuff is up to date and it found them but we couldn't delete the files associated with this.

Has anyone heard of it and found out how to get rid of it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2005, 09:34 PM
TROJAN help please
Is that what you're talking about? Thought you were asking for help with your condoms Maz. :shocking:
15-09-2005, 09:36 PM
TROJAN help please
No Patsy I had Mr M seen to a long long time ago.
16-09-2005, 08:04 AM
TROJAN help please
You could try running all these antispyware tools until it's gone - they're all free.

spysweeper, adaware, spybot,
spyware doctor, microsoft anti spyware, microtrend anti spyware... and
avg anti virus..

but switch off system restore before you run them otherwise even if it works the problem will come back - then switch it back on afterwards

Otherwise this site has manual removal instructions (half way down the page) but they look fiddly.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
16-09-2005, 08:06 PM
TROJAN help please
Try this Maz.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
16-09-2005, 08:55 PM
TROJAN help please
I used that one Secrets and it is saying its clean now so thanks for that fingers crossed that it has worked.
16-09-2005, 09:37 PM
TROJAN help please
Unfortunately after I had turned off and back on again its back so I may give one of the ones SF suggested a try. Thanks both of you for trying to help.
16-09-2005, 10:32 PM
TROJAN help please
Maz, it sounds like what is called a stealth trojan which hides itself in the registry files of your hard disk and unfortunately every time you boot up your computer, up it pops again!

To clean your registry files, try this website and download a free download of SPYBOT SEARCH and DESTROY. http://www.hestia-online.net/spybot/

Ive got it on my desktop and run it every other day. Its excellent and only takes about 5 mins to scan and fix anything weird that appears.

http://www.lavasoft.com also do some good free downloads for getting rid of AdAware.....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2005, 06:38 AM
TROJAN help please
I use Stinger for a quick sweep then AVG which runs every morning and seems to have kept things at bay - they are both free downloads.

Failing that you could call the police.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2005, 09:00 AM
TROJAN help please
mazwad Wrote:Unfortunately after I had turned off and back on again its back so I may give one of the ones SF suggested a try. Thanks both of you for trying to help.

Did you turn off system restore before you ran the anti spyware software? As I said, if you didn't, the problem can return.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]