Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Task Five - Art Dealers
17-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Task Five - Art Dealers

Yeeeeeehaaaaaa!!!!! the dreadful Matthew has gone - about bluddy time, the pompus, boorish, arrogant, fool............

I felt that Saira and Raj didnt present themselves to the Artists, they showed know passion for their work, and lets face it, if you are going to sell Art, you need to have some sort of a clue as to where the Artist is coming from with their work, especially in this day and age - think Tracey Emin!!!!!

I thought that Saira and Raj basically cut the Artists short when discussing their work, they were only interested in how much the costs were.......Saira is hard sell, and its not always about hard sell is it!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Task Five - Art Dealers
Paul didn’t like being in the firing line at all did he? I didn’t like the Project Manager at all (cant even remember her name). Anyone who is over 35, and not particularly attractive looks plain ridiculous in a “Gorgeous Girl” t-shirt. I quite missed Adele throwing one of her strops!
17-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Task Five - Art Dealers
Yes I agree with you about Saira and Raj Queeenie, I also think that Saira is rubbish at dealing with people that she sees as 'above' her and tends to cxome over as patronising in an attempt to be businesslike, but is much much better selling to 'punters.' Basically I think she sees herself more on this level (her comments re: her being an 'old scrubber' and her rant about James and Sebastian having posh accents) and can work with that, but it lets her down. That said, she's a hardworker and gives all she can to the tasks.

Matthew is an idiot and I'm glad he's gone. James is a shining star, I wouldn't be surprised to see him win.

Paul annoyed me a lot last night though with his sexist and childish comments and behaviour at finding himself in the boardroom with Mattew and project leader (Claire?) his rant to Matthew that "The first time a woman leads the team and we lose" peed me orf no end! He also kept on about how he had always been on the winning side before, but then he's always been on James' team before. Tailcoater perhaps?
17-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Task Five - Art Dealers
Voice of reason Wrote:Yes I agree with you about Saira and Raj Queeenie, I also think that Saira is rubbish at dealing with people that she sees as 'above' her and tends to cxome over as patronising in an attempt to be businesslike, but is much much better selling to 'punters.' Basically I think she sees herself more on this level (her comments re: her being an 'old scrubber' and her rant about James and Sebastian having posh accents) and can work with that, but it lets her down. That said, she's a hardworker and gives all she can to the tasks.

Matthew is an idiot and I'm glad he's gone. James is a shining star, I wouldn't be surprised to see him win.

Paul annoyed me a lot last night though with his sexist and childish comments and behaviour at finding himself in the boardroom with Mattew and project leader (Claire?) his rant to Matthew that "The first time a woman leads the team and we lose" peed me orf no end! He also kept on about how he had always been on the winning side before, but then he's always been on James' team before. Tailcoater perhaps?

To be honest Voice, Saira annoyed me a bit because she said that the other team "won" the Artist because the other team were "posh" which I thought was rubbish, the others won that couple because they showed interest and passion when shown the Art........BUT I agree that Saira has a lot more about her and gives 110% to everything she does, she has plenty of drive and ambition and will probably be in the last few......

As for Paul and his sexist B/S - get over it you pillock (no offense to Floopys pooch) you were up for the sack because you didnt sell enough, my gawd, the amount of jumped up salesmen and women like I him that I have worked with - I wouldnt buy diddley **** of either Saira or Paul, they come across as insincere and to me that is important, I dont want someone who is selling me something to just tell me what I want to hear, I want them to know and understand the product, and I think that Saira and Paul were in above their heads a bit on this one, but the bottom line is, if you are a sales person, you should be able to sell ANYTHING!

Finally, HOW I laughed at Pauls b/s excuse for why he only sold one painting, "I let the others close the deal after I had primed them"......... :laugh: :laugh: WHATEVER Paul!!!!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
17-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Task Five - Art Dealers
Well I taped this after hearing so much about it - so last nights was the first I watched. And as it was about something I had an affinity with [art] it was a good starting point for me.

Bear in mind I have come in cold to this having never watched it and know no names or personalities, here are my opinions:

That Saira, was an over-bearing, thick, bullsh**ing go getter - with as much personality as a boring elk.

Matthew reminded me of a character that Stephen Fry would dream up for an odious failure in love, life and laundry.

Paul - smarm smarm smarm smarm [can he go into Cockneys thread about shooting people].

All the above ignorant, so so ignorant, rude and vile.

Rachael - I liked, despite looking like a bag of hammers - not facially however, she has a very pretty face, although her lippy was too dark. She has the right frame of mind IMO, she is honest and fair, and a good judge of character.

As I didn't get a chance to 'know' the other team - it is difficult to put names to faces. But the guy who went to visit the 'couple artists' - was a bit sycophantic, but if he was genuine then good on him. The girl was super and very likeable.

The black guy seemed pretty personable - and HOT!!! And that is all I can remember - but I will be watching next week and the rest, it is quite unmissable isn't it??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Task Five - Art Dealers
Looks like you picked up the gist ok Flip, you have summed them up pretty well considering its the 1st time you watched :wink2:

17-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Task Five - Art Dealers
Queeenie Wrote:Looks like you picked up the gist ok Flip, you have summed them up pretty well considering its the 1st time you watched :wink2:

Why thanks Mrs Q - I am wondering whether that was good judgement on my part or 'so obvious in yur face personalities that screamed my above comments'?? Hmm I would like to think the former - but these people are so transparent I think it is the latter.:smartie:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

17-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Task Five - Art Dealers
I'm glad Matthew went - he is a big lump of lard and a wet blanket to boot.

As for Paul!!!! what an arrogant little tosser! he really showed his true colours in the waiting room before the "firing line" didn't he!!! lmfao - what an vile character .... and yeh who ever said it previous is right, I would buy anything off of him or that Saira - insincere doesn't even come close to describing them!

I know who I like the most but I'm not sure if I've got it right ... it's Ben, I think he is definintely a contender.

....whereas Tim (black guy) is an odious little toadee!!! He is so careful of always saying the right thing and speaks in buzz words and catch phrases all the time. Sometimes it would be nice to see Tim being natural instead of sayng what he thinks others want to hear. I hope Alan can see through him.

I still don't think any of them are outstanding or even average. But I suppose Alan HAS to chose one of them and give them that salary even if he ends up with someone he'd rather not employ.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
18-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Task Five - Art Dealers
Flip Wrote:Matthew reminded me of a character that Stephen Fry would dream up for an odious failure in love, life and laundry.

LOL Flip, that's perfect. I haven't seen all the episodes, and missed the Harrods one for which I could have kicked myself, but Matthew does come across as a bumbling fool sometimes. However, I do wonder whether he was being slightly hard done by because of his height and ungainliness. I thought it was a bit mean to leave him outside of the art gallery handing out leaftlets. He should have at least had taken a turn at the sales.

I can't say I have warmed to any of them much. I imagine these are the sort of people who talk about nothing but work when all you want to do is have a pointless natter down the pub.

Does Alan have the option to not hire any of them if they all turn out to be useless?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Task 9 - Spurs Nox 18 5,155 21-04-2005 11:37 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Task 7 - The Empire Cat 20 5,863 04-04-2005 10:35 AM
Last Post: Isis
  Task Six - Advertising. Flip 12 3,511 29-03-2005 08:52 AM
Last Post: Slipper
  Fourth task - 9/3/05 - Selling Dolores 10 3,145 16-03-2005 04:29 PM
Last Post: Isis