Tea leaves
Tea sucks
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tea?
29-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Tea?

What type of teabags do you use, or do you use tea leaves?

I use Twinings tea because otherwise Mr G pulls faces and makes comments, but I used to use PG Tipsor Tetley - I wasn't really bothered. Fortunately Twinings have now bought out an "everyday" brand which isn't as pricey as their English Breakfast, so I'm a bit happier, but personally I couldn't care less. Most brands taste the ame to me.

Apprantly some of the most popular brands are PG Tips, Tetley Tea Bags and Typhoo.

Gel x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Tea?
I use Tesco's finest Tea Bags and have done for a while. I haven't used tea leaves for about 20 years and have no intention of using them again!
29-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Tea?
Damn, I meant to put a shops own brand on here! I've never used tea leaves and I can't really imagine ever doing so. Although I read somewhere that PG is making Tea Leaves for cafeteirs (sp) - apparantly it withh make them trendier.

Gel x
29-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Tea?
I'm a tea fanatic so I'll :shutup:.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
29-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Tea?
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I use Tesco's finest Tea Bags and have done for a while. I haven't used tea leaves for about 20 years and have no intention of using them again!

Me too Ils Tescos are fine. I remember the tea leaf days always had toleave some tea at the bottom of the cup as the strainer never quite managed to catches all the tea leaves.
29-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Tea?
I am a bit like Fee - but I ticked loose, I do occaisionally use Twinings loose tea however!!

In our tea/coffee 'bin' we have a caddy for 'builders' tea - which is any old bag we buy [Mr F drinks this], we have a caddy for my own blend tea [which I drink with a teaspoon of milk], we have a caddy for my Darjeeling [black], and one for Earl Grey bags [guests] ... oh and of course the instant coffee is in there too. The ground coffee lives in the fridge.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Tea?
I think its tetley that we have, I'm not really sure.

But I do like Budgens own brand, makes a lovely cuppa.

My Grandma always used tea leaves, she would never touch a tea bag. I have many happy memories of her with her china cup (always had to be china) making the tea. And for us kids she would use a little strainer.
She also used to read tea leaves. How accurate she was I'm not sure, but it kept us kids interested for half an hour.

[Image: 429.gif]
29-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Tea?
I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between tetleys,pg,sainsbury, tesco or any other run of the mill tea bags.
As long as it is hot with milkand in plentiful supply I don't really care......
29-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Tea?
If I have tea, I drink Typhoo Decaffeinated (it really does taste as nice as the real thing).

On the rare occasion that I am tempted by a caffeine lift, I have Assam bags.
29-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Tea?
I've gone right off normal tea at the moment (the milk makes me feel sick), but I'm normally a decaff Typhoo girl too.

Currently I'm addicted to Twinings Green Tea, and the occasional fruit tea (sainsbury's orange is particularly nice)

Bollox to potplants