Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tears, Tribulations and Ovations. The Sound of Music.
26-11-2006, 01:00 PM

I have just won tickets to go and see this and after all the hype, the weeks of reality TV and the choosing of a Maria, I am looking forward to seeing it.

I have recently read that Sir Andrew is over the moon with the viewers of reality TV and his own personal choice of selecting Connie Fisher for the role of Maria. In his estimation she has exceded herself and all other performers of the Maria Von Trap role, not to mention the success of her debut CD sales.

So after many tears and opening night tribulations the show records sell out shows and the tribulations of an audience enraptured by the voice of Connie Fisher as Maria and Lesley Garrett as the Mother Abbess. Every night for these two has been an opening night and congratulations are well and truly deserved all round. :applause: :applause: :applause:

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGELSmile :wine:

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2006, 01:10 PM
well done NA! you must be thrilled. How did you win them?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Dolores Wrote:well done NA! you must be thrilled. How did you win them?

Hello Dolores,

I am chuffed, I was out fund raising for children in need and I put in a bid for them so was given my tickets on the night with a bottle of wine to go with it.

I didn't expect to win them as I thought the objective would have been the highest bidder, instead all the bids were in a glass container and one was drawn out, and it was mine.

I rang my friend Anne in Mortlake and asked her if she fancied going to see a show as Mr M is inudated with a backlog of work and can't manage it, so I also have a free weekend stay at Annes next Friday and Saturday.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL

27-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Hope you enjoy it but for me this whole 'our Connie' thing is cringemaking. The Sound of Music, Maria, Andrew Lloyd Webber, nah. And the name Connie makes me think of old ladies who use doylies. It may be terribly British but it's just too old-fashioned. Still, if the stories are true, our Connie had been having a good oldfashioned shag with one of the stagehands so there's a glimmer of hope there.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
28-11-2006, 03:08 AM
survivorfan Wrote:Hope you enjoy it but for me this whole 'our Connie' thing is cringemaking. The Sound of Music, Maria, Andrew Lloyd Webber, nah. And the name Connie makes me think of old ladies who use doylies. It may be terribly British but it's just too old-fashioned. Still, if the stories are true, our Connie had been having a good oldfashioned shag with one of the stagehands so there's a glimmer of hope there.

Hello Survivorfan,

Well well, theres nothing quite like a bit of rough now and then. :wub: Smile
Casting couch to tame and not inviting with Sir Andrew on it, so can't blame her. The boyfriend must be a bit upset, I imagine.

I think she should have herself a stage name that is more modern and up to date. Connie is short for Constance but very few women will name their child Constance today.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL