Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technology ****es Me Off
22-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Technology ****es Me Off

You know, im getting really riled about my mobile phone. I dont know why i let technology wind me up. Probably because im not very good with it. Actually, i dont know why im telling you about it - but i feel the need to rant :angry:

I have NEVER been able to send MMS messages for one reason or another. My phone either wasnt complatible, or it didnt work etc etc ....

So, in March i ordered a brand new, super duper phone. My husband got one too. For the first time ever we could send MMS messages, and i liked receiving / sending piccies.

Then it stopped working. One day, tried to send them .... and it came up 'could not locate the server'.

So - i went to 02 to complain, and they sent me instructions of how to reactivate it ... and nothing. Went back to them again, they spent weeks playing around, emailed me to say one of their servers was playing up ..... to try again, and nothing. This has been going on for about 3 weeks.

They are now saying i should go to my 'nearest store' to get it sorted. Why ? I bought the phone online. I have online billing. Everything is online, mainly because, to get to my nearest store would take forever. Its about 25 miles from home (probably more) and to park and get there would be the biggest nightmare ever. I never go shopping in the nearest town, because i hate going there. Anyway, why the blummin hell should i do that ?

I think they should send me a new SIM and a new phone. They can then have my old ones ... and can fiddle and fart with them at their own speed. Why should I, the customer, suffer ? My husband and i have already spent a small fortune trying to send test MMS messages, only to find they dont work. Why should i now fork out on petrol and parking only to get to the store and speak to some spotty 17 year old who will scratch his head, try and send an MMS message ... realise he cant, and tell me its broken ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Technology ****es Me Off
I had a similar problem with O2. I upgraded my phone, got sent it promptly, and then received it and it didn't work.

Went into the shop, they told me because I bought it online, they couldn't do anything, so I'd have to ring the online people and send it back (using recorded delivery, which cost me money!)

Before they had chance to receive it, they sent me a new phone, but couldn't give it to me on the doorstep, as apparently I should have given my phone to the delivery person instead of sending it back (which they never told me to do, and even gave me a delivery address to send it back)

I emailed them and asked how I would get hold of my replacement, and they informed me my handset would be sent out again when they received the broken one in the post. I heard nothing for the next month despite numerous emails.

I eventually said that I would cancel my contract (the only reason I extended it really was to get this handset), and they couldn't help me quick enough! Soon got my phone in the next couple of days.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
22-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Technology ****es Me Off
I think im going to have to try tactics like that.

The final 'test' is going to happen tonight. Apparently i have to put my SIM card in a complatible phone (hubby's) and try and send a picture. That way i suppose they can determine if its the phone or SIM at fault.

It just seems weird that it worked for a few weeks .... then server problems ?

I just want it sorted out.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me