Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell me what you think of this...
25-09-2005, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2005 10:01 PM by PJ.)

Whilst browsing through different webpages there, one of those annoying advertisments popped up offering free ipods. Normally i just close them but this time I decided to investigate it a bit further. So, I clicked on it and it took me to this website saying that if I signed up and took part in one of the offers they were showing, they would send out a free ipod. The site is http://www.freeipods.com
I had a look at the offers and one of them was for this mp3 download thing. basically, you can sign up for a years unlimited membership at £0.99 a month and "safely and legally" download mp3s etc.
So, it said if i signed up for that then I would get a free ipod. It seems unlikely to me that they would send you out an ipod just for paying $0.99 a month for a year?? But part of me is tempted just to see if it works....

What do you think? Should I go for it or steer well clear? I want an ipod!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2005, 09:59 PM
It sounds too good to be true - and on that basis I would avoid it. There has to be a catch - or it's a con in my opinion.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
25-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Rob Wrote:It sounds too good to be true - and on that basis I would avoid it. There has to be a catch - or it's a con in my opinion.
I know that's what I thought.
But now I keep thinking what if it's not and it really is that simple...

[/SIZE]
25-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Tell you what - you try it - and if it really is that simple let us all knowBig Grin

25-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Rob Wrote:Tell you what - you try it - and if it really is that simple let us all knowBig Grin
I was hoping one of you would courageously volunteer to try it out first :laugh:

[/SIZE]
25-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Lets wait and see ....................

25-09-2005, 10:07 PM
It's a con - read the terms:

Gratis Internet, Inc ("Gratis Internet") reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change its Terms & Conditions at any time, for any reason, without notice. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change the methods through which free items are earned. This may include, but is not limited to, increasing the number of friends you have to refer or adding more steps to confirm that you have a legitimate account. We may also add or remove any product listed as an incentive at any time. If we replace a product, the new product may not be of equal value.
Find all posts by this user
25-09-2005, 10:44 PM
secrets Wrote:It's a con - read the terms:

Gratis Internet, Inc ("Gratis Internet") reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change its Terms & Conditions at any time, for any reason, without notice. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change the methods through which free items are earned. This may include, but is not limited to, increasing the number of friends you have to refer or adding more steps to confirm that you have a legitimate account. We may also add or remove any product listed as an incentive at any time. If we replace a product, the new product may not be of equal value.
Thank you secrets. Well, at least I've got that idea out my head now...
God, I'll actually have to buy an ipod at this rate!

[/SIZE]
25-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Peej, I tried to sign up for something 'free' the other day and before I could get out of there they were asking for my credit card #'s, underwear size, and all kinds of crap. I steer clear of stuff like that. NOTHING is ever free. Least not for me.... :cry:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
26-09-2005, 12:32 AM
PJ...this is your cyber-auntie speaking....Stop being so niave and step away from the computer...free ipods do not come to those who fill in stuff on the internet!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]