Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about yourself
11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Tell us about yourself

I've not been around as much recently and in that time several new members have arrived and I don't know much about anyone. I just thought I'd start a thread for everyone to tell each other about themselves: job, hobbies, partner, children? etc...

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Tell us about yourself
It looks like everyone is being a little shy Fly, so I will start us off even though most of you know quite bit about me as I have been here so long!

I'm female, 43, single & have 3 teenage children -1 girl (18) & 2 boys (15 &13)....

I work part time in a call centre answering customer account querys.

I love watching football, support Brighton & Hove Albion & love to watch my youngest son play in a Sunday youth team. I also enjoy going to the pub/club with my mates, power walking, watching Corrie & reality TV & surfing the net!
11-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Tell us about yourself
Okay, I'll go next myself

I'm Michael, I'm 18, have no partner and no children! I'm half Salfordian half Prestonian, but I've lived in Preston the longest, though I've now moved to Manchester.

I'm in my first year at manchester university studying maths, I don't have a part time job, though I'm still officially under contract at a department store (TJ Hughes)

I enjoy TV (Neighbours!) Computers (Consoles and PC) Going to the pub or clubs (though generally I just prefer pubs), playing table football. I support Preston North End who are currently doing well in Division 1.

11-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Tell us about yourself
Weeellll!! Oh alright then, this is me>>

I have just hit the big 60, but am still 25 at heart. I lost my beloved hubby of 25 years to cancer, and am just starting to come to terms with it.

I am a compulsive traveller, 31 countries, some of which I have lived in for a year or more. I have 3 kids, and 8 Grandkids scattered throughout the UK. Through travelling they just got 'dropped' off wherever we happened to be! LOL

I work in an Independant School running clubs for 3-8 year olds, and I love it, I have always worked with kids voluntarily wherever I have been in the world, but now I do it for a living. In the past I have concentrated more on Special Needs kids in Asia, and that was the highlight of my life.

I live in Teeside at the moment, out in the country and it's fine - for now!

I love power walking, meditation, am passionate about anything to do with the Far East, and have been a Buddhist for many years since an enlightened visit to Thailand made me feel it was right for me. It has helped me cope with my loss, and been a blessing.

I now have a firm belief in doing what you want as soon as you can - tomorrow could be too late.

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Tell us about yourself
I'm 36, married with 1 stepson 21 & 1 daughter 11.

I love anything reality TV wise & Corrie/Eastenders, TV in general really. I also like line dancing, going to the pub, being on here although I don't have the time to be here as much as I'd like at the moment.

I work in a claims department for an insurance company and am one of those lucky people who do enjoy their job.

Oh & I love dogs.

Edited cos I typed myself 2 years older than i am :laugh:

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
11-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Tell us about yourself
My name is Coastie and I'm a SO addict :wacko:

I joined the site several years ago now, when the first series of Survivor (the really, really cool one!) and well have been here ever since. I have been using my user name for so long now I can't remember what my real name is anymore :sad:

I stepped over 30 in 2004 and work shifts. I have no responsibilities other than my home, car, oh and a few iddy biddy ones with my job.

I enjoy writing, the movies, singing, playing guitar, travel, art and generally acting my shoe size rather than my age.

Any hunky yummy men who might be interested should PM me with a piccie so I can either PM you back or use your photo to scare small children who keep throwing rubbish in my front garden.

Oh sorry about that last bit....thought I was on a dating site...oops! :unsure:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
11-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Tell us about yourself
Im Queeenie....I was 40 last year, but I am still in my late teens in my head, and on occasion will act like it too!

I live in South Devon but I am from Warwickshire originally.....I live with my partner and my 2 step kids, Miss Jade is 16 and Lewie (or Lurcio) is 18 at the weekend.....

I work for a Security Firm who install Intruder Alarms, CCTV etc, where I am the Adminsitration and Accounts Manager.....and I am quite happy there - its a big change from my last manic job, but change is gooooooooooooood! Its well chilled and 10 mins walk from the beach!

Im a bit of a bookworm, i will read anything, im not that fussy...... I love living by the sea, with the added bonus of being half hour from Dartmoor, South Devons beauty amazes me! My other "interests" are Reality TV, I like to see what makes people tick..... watching movies and of course SO - WHEN I can get the chance to log on and catch up with you all...

My claim to fame is............ I once dropped roast potatoes in Liberache's lap - when I was a 15 year old waitress at Danny La Rue's hotel near Stratford upon Avon......Big Grin

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Tell us about yourself
this is lovely... [not me, just reading everyones bits and bobs]

I am 41, with 2 boys [6 and 14] and a husband, I live in Northumberland in the sticks. I have two step sons [27 & 28] whom I adore, one is married and lives in London. I have an adopted daughter in Jersey [not really officially adopted - just one of my step sons ex's - but we love her to bits]. I have 3 dogs, 10 doves, 3 roosters [bit of a mistake], don't know how many chickens and 3 ducks.

I don't do a great deal work wise, although I do do commissions for stained glass windows, painted furniture and acrylic abstracts. I am secretary of our PCC and our Benefice - which means I run our Benefice [which consists of 4 Churches & 3 Parishes] whilst we are without a Vicar [intereggnum]. I am an ex-police officer, air stewardess and a million other things, I took degrees [hons & post grad] in psychology and forensic psychology, and I also dabble in acting [wayhey Feb - when the Carling advert begins].

My passion and I really mean obsession is cooking - all I want ever is things to do with cooking, whether it be ingredients or utensils or recipes I don't care - I am severely ridiculously sad about cooking. But I could never be a Chef - although I do chef now and again in my sisters pub - I get too stressed and I insist people eat how I cook stuff - I can't be doing with well done steaks - it just is not right!!!
11-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Tell us about yourself
What I want to know is who's this Flyo I keep hearing about! :laugh:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
11-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Tell us about yourself
Coastie Wrote:What I want to know is who's this Flyo I keep hearing about! :laugh:

Don't ask me, I know as much as you...