Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That was brilliant... That was rubbish
28-03-2005, 05:46 PM

A little place to post about progs that aren't worthy of their own thread, i.e. you've got a sneaking suspicion nobody else will have bothered watching, but you'd like to comment anyway.

Firstly, I know it was a couple of nights ago, but the BBC drama 'Mr Harvey Lighs A Candle' was bloomin excellent. I was in tears in places. Timothy Spall is an extraordinary actor and it's great to see the Beeb producing a one off drama of such a high calibre.

Fingersmith looks like it's shaping up to be good too. I like anything with Imedla Staunton and Charles Dance in it. How evil does Charles Dance look?

Faking It - I like this series. I imagine this one was held back for Easter as the outcome was surprising and touching. The shy geeky physicist pulled off the con to become magician for one night, then on his return home packs in his job and really does become a magician. It does wonders for his confidence, makes him a hit with the ladies, and the makeover shows he's really rather good lucking.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Nox Wrote:Firstly, I know it was a couple of nights ago, but the BBC drama 'Mr Harvey Lighs A Candle' was bloomin excellent. I was in tears in places. Timothy Spall is an extraordinary actor and it's great to see the Beeb producing a one off drama of such a high calibre.

Oh, I wanted to watch this Nox - can't remember why I didn't. I think Timothy Spall is brilliant he everything he does.
28-03-2005, 06:11 PM
The first two series of Auf Wiedersehn Pet were fabulous - the ones that followed decades later were not so.

It was Wayne :funky:who made that programme....Wayne i tell you - why did he have to go and die like that??, silly old punk rocker :sad:

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user
28-03-2005, 11:02 PM
maxine Wrote:Oh, I wanted to watch this Nox - can't remember why I didn't. I think Timothy Spall is brilliant he everything he does.

I love Tim Spall and he is terrific in everything he is in, you are right. He was in a drama a year or so ago where he played a librarian, written by Stephen Poliakoff (scuse spelling), and he was brilliant in it. No, cant remember the name of it..... dammit.

Anyway Im woffling. I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the drama, The Lost Prince recently. It was about the little known Prince John, son of King George, who suffered crippling epileptic seizures and was therefore a kind of outcast, living out in the country, out of harms way and out of the public eye. It was superbly played by all the cast and was so touching. I really cried when he had his final seizure and died.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
29-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Pandora Wrote:I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the drama, The Lost Prince recently. It was about the little known Prince John, son of King George, who suffered crippling epileptic seizures and was therefore a kind of outcast, living out in the country, out of harms way and out of the public eye. It was superbly played by all the cast and was so touching. I really cried when he had his final seizure and died.

I saw that too and found it very well done and touching.

I am getting more and more discouraged with TV nowadays, I don't think there has been one night I could sit down and watch TV constantly and really enjoy it. It seems to be 30 minutes here and 30 minutes there.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
29-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I remember that one too Pandora. It was very touching. The poor boy was epilectic and had some kind of growth disorder that made him gigantic alongside hia older and much smaller brother. It was sad seeing him locked away from view all his life cared for by his nurse until he died.
30-03-2005, 10:25 PM
I watched a program the other night that was really interesting.
It was all about the Crusades, Richard the Lionheart and Saladin.
I wasn't going to watch it at first because I thought it was going to be boring (I hate history programs) but I found it really interesting.(Maybe I should watch some more history programs)
To see how both sides were really nasty to each other, and what kind of stuff they got up to.

Although my hubby said the program was shown in favour of Richard, portraying that he had a chance of winning, when my husband informs me that in reality he was never going to succeed.
I have no idea where my husband gets his information from, but he's always shouting at the telly "Nah, you've got it wrong" :laugh:

[Image: 429.gif]
31-03-2005, 04:41 PM
I watched the two parter 'Colditz' - I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it wasn't superb - just good watching.

I didn't think too much of 'Enigma' on Sunday night, however, continuity was useless, and you really had to concentrate hard to follow the plot of the codes themselves.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

31-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Flip Wrote:I didn't think too much of 'Enigma' on Sunday night, however, continuity was useless, and you really had to concentrate hard to follow the plot of the codes themselves.

Ah. I did enjoy it and didn't notice any plot holes, but I read the book a while ago so I was probably filling in the blanks subconsciously.
31-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Backpackers tonight...the lovely chap Dave....found his niche in life teaching in an Indian School for children with special needs/handicaps.

Wonderfull....this made me cry with joy for him.