Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apprentice S5
17-03-2009, 07:52 PM
The Apprentice S5

15 'Apprentice' candidates revealed

The identities of the fifteen contestants taking part in this year's Apprentice have been revealed.

Eight females and seven males will compete for a job working with multi-millionaire Sir Alan Sugar in the business-based reality show. The series kicks off on March 25 on BBC One.

This year's hopefuls include a city stockbroker, a teacher, an award-winning restaurant owner and an ex-professional footballer.

Sugar's no-nonsense advisers Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford will return, while spinoff show The Apprentice: You're Fired! hosted by Adrian Chiles is also back on Wednesday nights.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/theapprentic...ealed.html

I'm really looking forward to this, will anyone else be watching?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2009, 12:30 PM
The Apprentice S5
I will.

by the way, anyone know why we no longer get the Donald Trump version on UK TV?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
18-03-2009, 05:41 PM
The Apprentice S5
me too!

re: the US version - I never really watched it cos it was always on at a late time I kept forgetting when and it seemed to move around the schedules. But the bits I've seen look far more gutsy than our version! Trump is much tougher and the contestants seem to have a bit more about them - maybe Trumps selection process is better?

Still love the UK version though - but as with most tv progs they are past their best by date by about the third series.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2009, 09:41 PM
The Apprentice S5
I probably will watch it, but this is the first year when I haven't really got excited about it. Last year I felt the show was a bit dull much of the time as it lacked characters and villians. I spent half my time moaning about the fact that there were no "Tres", "Katies" or "Badgers" on the show.

People like that are caricatures, but they make the show entertaining. If anyone on the show this year makes me either laugh or dislike them, I'll be hooked.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
26-03-2009, 12:50 PM
The Apprentice S5
karenh Wrote:If anyone on the show this year makes me either laugh or dislike them, I'll be hooked.

Watched it last night - looks like you'll be hooked - nobody was funny but lots to dislike there.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
26-03-2009, 01:29 PM
The Apprentice S5
Hm just wondered if it was a coincidence that the least good looking woman got fired. :bag:

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
26-03-2009, 08:21 PM
The Apprentice S5
I don't think so Punkyfish. She was pretty pants out of the three in the boardroom for defending herself. I don't think she had much more to offer ... plus she wasn't the only munter!

Loving the work of Phil the Newcastlonian - Business is the new rock and roll and I'm Elvis Presley! yes dear of course you are!

We also have Sid the Sexist - blokey with funny beard - good character - will provide LOTS of entertainment.

Also loving the other woman in the board room - is it Debra? total belief in herself and contempt for others.

Loving Surrallan - I know all the words to Candle in the Wind - don't make me Elton John - once again professing not to like B/sh*tters ... but we know he loves 'em!

But obviously most of all, most of all ............Nicky and Maggie.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
27-03-2009, 12:27 PM
The Apprentice S5
survivorfan Wrote:Watched it last night - looks like you'll be hooked - nobody was funny but lots to dislike there.

Cool!

I've been too busy to watch it yet, but I've got it taped on Sky + and will give it a go at the weekend. I hate that I know who's gone though - its always all over the papers the following morning.

I'm no supermodel myself, but I've gotta agree that she was a munter ....

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
27-03-2009, 12:37 PM
The Apprentice S5
I watched it on tape after coming back from a going away do at the pub. I'm afraid I'll have to watch it again at the weekend....Blush :wine:

bam bam
31-03-2009, 06:45 PM
The Apprentice S5
Punkyfish Wrote:Hm just wondered if it was a coincidence that the least good looking woman got fired. :bag:

He fired the one with the least personality. Better for the ratings, I suppose.

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Bloody Apprentice Haydon_acc2 1 1,411 09-06-2009 02:57 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  The Apprentice - buy the book! Haydon_acc2 4 9,389 28-03-2005 08:55 AM
Last Post: Patsy