Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ashes
08-09-2005, 12:12 PM
The Ashes

It appears that the whole of the country are on edge about England & Austraila battling it out for The Ashes..........is everyone really that excited? I just don't get it!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2005, 12:28 PM
The Ashes
Well I'm excited!

It's been something like 18 years since England won the Ashes. I know a lot of people think cricket is boring and I don't profess to have any great knowledge of the game but it can be exciting. England only need to avoid defeat in this final test and they win the Ashes.
08-09-2005, 12:34 PM
The Ashes
I don't like cricket at all, but I understand how important it is to those who do. I'm flying the flag and am keeping my fingers firmly crossed (which makes typing tricky).
Find all posts by this user
08-09-2005, 12:37 PM
The Ashes
My hubby is very excited about it! He has never watched cricket before but he has been glued to the recent test matches - he is in Southampton today so he will be flying the flag down there.

I'll keep everything crossed for the English though.....they haven't got off to a good start though!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
08-09-2005, 12:37 PM
The Ashes
I would rather watch paint dry. I hope we win though - we have to be good at something, and it certainly isnt football at the moment.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
08-09-2005, 12:47 PM
The Ashes
I don't like cricket but my late dad loved it and he was always trying to get me interested. His passion for the game fell on deaf ears though. But before he died he taught both my boys the game and they both share his love of it. So there is a lot of excitment here in the ils household....

Good Luck to the English Lads! :thumbsup:
08-09-2005, 01:20 PM
The Ashes
Does anyone know how they are getting on? All this talk of wickets and overs literally does go right over my head.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
08-09-2005, 02:43 PM
The Ashes
tigger767 Wrote:Does anyone know how they are getting on? All this talk of wickets and overs literally does go right over my head.

Well it is 235 for 4 at the moment Tiggs, but I am not sure if that is good or bad!
08-09-2005, 02:51 PM
The Ashes
Ok, time for a bimbo question.........are there ACTUAL Ashes in that little pot thing then, and if so - who's are they????

As for watching it - I wouldnt have a CLUE what is going on, but it would be great if we won!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
08-09-2005, 02:57 PM
The Ashes
Aren't they the ashes of a bird that got whacked by a ball?