Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Butterly Effect
20-10-2005, 06:48 PM
The Butterly Effect

"Scientists tell us that the world of nature is so small and interdependent that a butterfly flapping its wings in the Amazon rainforest can generate a violent storm on the other side of the earth. This principle is known as the "Butterfly Effect." Today, we realize, perhaps more than ever, that the world of human activity also has its own "Butterfly Effect" – for better or for worse". Kofi Annan

What do you think, our smallest actions are so powerful that they can create sunshine or storms?

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2005, 07:05 PM
The Butterly Effect
tonee Wrote:What do you think, our smallest actions are so powerful that they can create sunshine or storms?

Yeah - I think they can in one way or another.

But ultimately, each person has to live their lives for themselves. You can't live life considering that every look, every word, every action you make can have consequences - positive or negative - elsewhere.

The best you can do it try to be positive, kind and decent and hope that the way you live your life creates "sunshine" in the life of others.

A tall order really, and beyond the capabilities of most people. But it doesn't hurt to try.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2005, 08:07 PM
The Butterly Effect
tonee Wrote:The Butterly Effect
Poop. I thought this thread was going to be about butter-substitutes. Do any of them ACTUALLY taste like butter?

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
20-10-2005, 08:16 PM
The Butterly Effect
Blink Wrote:Poop. I thought this thread was going to be about butter-substitutes. Do any of them ACTUALLY taste like butter?

No they don't I'm afraid

20-10-2005, 08:37 PM
The Butterly Effect
just saw the spelling mistake - trust Blink to make me laugh at how misleading the name is. If anyone knows how, can you correct the spelling from butterly to butterfly?:laugh:

20-10-2005, 08:39 PM
The Butterly Effect
tonee Wrote:just saw the spelling mistake - trust Blink to make me laugh at how misleading the name is. If anyone knows how, can you correct the spelling from butterly to butterfly?:laugh:

if you add an "f" between the "r" and the "l" that should do it, tonee! :laugh:

there is no "f" in butterly!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
20-10-2005, 08:40 PM
The Butterly Effect
Dolores Wrote:if you add an "f" between the "r" and the "l" that should do it, tonee! :laugh:

there is no "f" in butterly!!!

are you being sarcastic? If I could edit the mistake I would but it is not letting me.......

20-10-2005, 08:40 PM
The Butterly Effect
tonee Wrote:just saw the spelling mistake - trust Blink to make me laugh at how misleading the name is. If anyone knows how, can you correct the spelling from butterly to butterfly?:laugh:

Oh - I get it now! :laugh:

I thought Blink was asking a genuine question, and I wondered why he had made that connection between butterfly and butter.

I mentally read it with the corect spelling. :laugh:

20-10-2005, 08:41 PM
The Butterly Effect
karenh Wrote:Oh - I get it now! :laugh:

I thought Blink was asking a genuine question, and I wondered why he had made that connection between butterfly and butter.

I mentally read it with the corect spelling. :laugh:

same here but do you know how to change the spelling - not letting me do it!

20-10-2005, 08:42 PM
The Butterly Effect
Dolores Wrote:there is no "f" in butterly!!![/color]

In which case theres no 'f'in butterly effect which must answer your question Tonee

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]