Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Curmudgeon leaves you all..
03-12-2008, 03:45 PM

Well.. it could never really last, could it? Let's be honest, ladies and gentlemen - I don't really "belong" here, do I?

Short history lesson, then; The Curmudgeon returned to this website after seeing the frightening downward spiral it was in - no new threads for almost every section in over 30 days. It was a husk, a shell - a tomb. And so I decided to "save" it.

Save it HOW? Well, for starters, get people interested in the place again, get people talking again and, most importantly, get people making new threads again. This would be done through a number of tried and tested techniques; make a plethora of new threads myself, breaking the silence and hopefully inspiring others to follow suit, and also by giving everyone a common enemy, a "hate figure" to unite against. And guess who that was?

And take a look around you, boys and girls - this once dead place is now alive and well - buzzing with new threads and new discussions. And check it out - almost all of the Latest Post threads are less than a week old, and not ONE thread was started by me.

Which, if you think about it - makes The Curmudgeon fairly redundant. I came back to breathe new life into the place, and through consistent abuse and name-calling I believe I brought the best out of you all. I said I was the most important person in this place, that I was the only one with any clue of how to make a discussion forum work - and you have proven me wrong, as I predicted you would.

But now that the place is healthier than its been in months, where does that leave your old pal the IHM? I could continue coming in here, adding my own two cents here and there - but that's not my style.

So whilst I won't promise that this will be my last ever, ever, EVER post - this will be the last time you see me in here for a long time. Quite frankly - I am not needed. I came back to reinvigorate the site, and, well.. my work here is done.

So continue to post, continue to talk and continue to grow as an online community, or you never know, I might have to come back and save you all again......................

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh Curmie, is this wise?

Are you sure it's safe to leave us to our own devices? How can you be certain that we won't all revert back to our previous state of apathy without you to inspire us to post?

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
03-12-2008, 04:43 PM
It's alright Karen.

If we take his last goodbye as an example, he'll start around 4 more threads saying this is his last post before he actually leaves.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
[Image: tumbleweed.jpg]

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Mars Wrote:It's alright Karen.

If we take his last goodbye as an example, he'll start around 4 more threads saying this is his last post before he actually leaves.

Do you think he will actually leave? :ninja:

I'm not sure if anyone actually leaves here .............. :bag: :laugh:

[SIZE="3"]ils - Member of SO since August 2001![/SIZE]
03-12-2008, 06:44 PM
~ils~ Wrote:Do you think he will actually leave? :ninja:

Well, I was being a bit sarky:

- This is not the first time Curmie has made an annoouncement to this effect
- I'm not sure we actually needed "saving". In 8 years, this is hardly the first lean patch of the site, although I have to admit that this time, Curmie did breathe some life into the old place.

~ils~ Wrote:I'm not sure if anyone actually leaves here .............. :bag: :laugh:

I know. It's kinda spooky. Welcome to the Hotel California....

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
03-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I suspect that interwoven within the many layers of your online persona there lurks a clever, funny and kind human being.

Please don't prove me right or I will have to apologise for calling you a troll.

Hope the man-flu has cleared up.
05-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Jeez Norm....are you having a moment there????

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
05-12-2008, 12:55 AM
The Curmudgeon Wrote:So whilst I won't promise that this will be my last ever, ever, EVER post

Have bet myself a nifty fifty we'll see you again before the seasons change.

Anyway, if I'm wrong, I'll miss ya, you silly old sausage!

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
05-12-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm not sure how many more threads we should dedicate to one individual's emotional needs. Surely there's something more interesting to talk about?

Mudger, stay, go, do whatever you feel like doing, but these histrionics are sooo last week.

Bollox to potplants

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Curmudgeon is ILL. The Curmudgeon 30 3,443 02-12-2008 04:30 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Curmudgeon has returned to save this website. The Curmudgeon 12 2,656 27-09-2008 10:15 PM
Last Post: karenh
  The people of Survivor Online - The Curmudgeon's verdict. The Curmudgeon 115 7,999 29-05-2008 12:25 PM
Last Post: Gneiss
  SO! Isis... do you have something you'd like to tell The Curmudgeon? The Curmudgeon 70 4,506 17-05-2008 08:50 AM
Last Post: Isis
  So.. tell The Curmudgeon.. The Curmudgeon 23 2,435 16-05-2008 03:19 PM
Last Post: Patsy