Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Departed
11-10-2006, 07:19 AM
The Departed

Martin Scorsesee's latest film is a cracker.

Leonardo DiCaprio has matured nicely and fullfills the role of undercover cop tremendously well. He knits in with a local criminal, gang in Boston, headed by Jack Nicholson who's ability to play slightly nuts (which he is in real life I'm sure) is a vision to watch.

Matt Damon is the cop who works for Jack from the inside.

Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen also put in stirling performances although I felt Mark Wahlberg was a little overacting at times as the three try and track down the mole in their part of the state polcie service...with the help of Leo.

Scorcesee does not dissapoint in his presentation of this story and I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes a gritty crime drama but not anyone who doesn't like violence and swearing!

5/5 Cool

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2006, 07:23 AM
The Departed
Oooh, now I really fancy this one! It is half-tem next week and Mr B is off, may get a baby-sitter so we can go & see this! NOt a huge fan of Leonardo but I do like Jack Nicholson and Matt Damon.

Though knowing my luck I will probably end up at the afternoon showing of Open Season or Hoodwinked!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
11-10-2006, 07:25 AM
The Departed
Bella I normally can't stand Leo...I cringe when he is on teh screen but he really did surpirse me in this film and seems to have suddenly grown up! Huh

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]