Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Final
04-05-2006, 05:28 AM
The Final

Well well well, how the might fall. Paul was ripped to bits wasn't he, somewhat unfairly I thought - more credit should have been given to his organisational skills and good idea's as Noble Nick defended he had shown over the previous weeks. Yes he did come over as a knob in the interviews, but they didn't like it - especially the wheeler dealer one in the middle - because they could recognise a lot of themselves in him.

Was very suprised he kept Ruth after last week, though her flushing face can be quite mezmerizing can't it - it reminds me of the screen effect you get when you listen to music on the computer. I would have kept Ansell instead.

But Michelle - I wasn't aware quite how hard she had worked and built up such a good business (do they check this out as fact?). And that she helped her family out - SAS like this ALOT didn't he.

I think Mr Student Boy has come hither with a statement that though isn't fact is the truth.

Michelle will win and now I can see why.

PS Didn't Paul look smaller, slimmer and quite humble on show afterwards?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2006, 08:56 AM
The Final
There were many inconsistencies in last nights show. Michelle claims to be making £100,000 per year yet no one has checked, that is just as bad as not knowing about Amstrad's business and all the 4 were criticized about that.

Michelle was asked "do you look after your brothers" she replied "they don't want for anything" AMS said "I like that answer" - what answer did he expect? - "no, I let the little swines fend for themselves?"

All three middle aged interviewers (lickspittles for sugar) fell for Michelle's charms and looks - a la the halo effect in psychology -

that said Paul came across as a complete twit (although he was charming on the aftershow show and on LK today this morning). His line about the big issue was enough on its own for him to be fired, the idiot.

Again, for me, Badger came across as on big ugly phoney who has little regard for anyone but herself. Michelle deffo won the interviews on what we saw but if she were ugly she would have been out on her ear.

**I heart Northern Soul**
04-05-2006, 11:09 AM
The Final
Yeh, inconsistancies there alright.

The two boys in particular got a roasting for not doing research into SA's companies, and fair enough. A a few mins googling could have given them stats of market shares, performance etc, but to then cast aspersions on whether Michelle makes 100 grand, or Ruth was indeed a fundamental part of increasing her company's turnover from 3.1 mil to 13.2 mil was incredibly unreal.

After eleven weeks on the show why did SA / Show's producers / researchers not check out their claims / CVs / References. Most employers will do this even prior to interview.

strange.

Michelle has it in the bag, as Ruth - although incredibly efficient and driven - would be a nightmare to work with / for. And her line 'I could bring your company to the next level, Sir Alan' was ludicrously brash and almost insulting to him and his employees.

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2006, 08:20 AM
The Final
Tigereye Wrote:Ruth - although incredibly efficient and driven - would be a nightmare to work with .

I think her problem is that she is aggressive, rather than assertive.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
05-05-2006, 03:42 PM
The Final
Throughout the series there has been a real mix up between what is selling and what is marketing. I imagine the actual job is a marketing role rather than a selling role. The tasks have been a mix of marketing and some sales but often just called sales. From the AS side there has been quite a criticism of people who are "good salespeople" or "just a salesperson" but the reality is that everyone sells something and being good at "selling" generally means being empathetic, smart, popular and overall a desirable employee.

**I heart Northern Soul**
07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
The Final
Aaargh don't tease me y'all...tell me who's still in and who isn't!:wacko:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
08-05-2006, 11:46 AM
The Final
Cant wait for the task when they have to "project manage" the old team. Saw a clip of it and Jo was laughing manically. I will miss this.
08-05-2006, 01:17 PM
The Final
Ruth still looks confident, shoulder to shoulder with Sugar. Look how she's got Michelle half her own size and peeping out there. Looking forward to seeing this pic updated Thursday.

[Image: apprentice_fired.jpg]

10-05-2006, 08:56 AM
The Final
Looking forward to tonight's show. Particularly Ruth's reaction if she loses. Will it be with good grace, or a flush-faced scowl? Also keen to see if her website is updated with FIRED plastered across her moosh.

10-05-2006, 06:47 PM
The Final
it should be a good one tonight. the trailers look very intriguing. it will be good to see some old faces again.

Has it really been on for 12 weeks?! it seems to have flown by. As always in this series the highlight for me has been The Apprentice : You're fired programme ... one of the best "companion" programmes for a reality tv show I think.

I suppose Nick and Margaret will be going back into their boxes ready to be unleashed for the next series next year!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Final Six ... who's your money on? Dolores 21 5,544 04-05-2006 10:59 AM
Last Post: IsLe Of WeAtHeR